Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 30-12-2016 06:38 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
abob36
Pioneer
Options
My R1's have been great. I used them several times over the holiday when guests were over and just playing music through them. I wish my Echo could play through multiple devices. Such a dumb oversight, that.
0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

That's the frustrating thing independently these speakers are great it's just when we connect them together. Samsung have great tech but just don't deliver on the final touches like another  manufacturer. 😃

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Have you been able to test the second workaround we came up with?
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Another observation

Soundbar for me is much much louder in 3.1 mode with channel/frequency levels staying the same as volume increases.

Just much better in 3.1 all together really if I could get the 5.1 to have this quality I would be very happy (as before firmware update basically)

This is compared to both workaround methods.

Having to go back to original workaround as sub woofer/bass problems too much........... Even tried putting sub in a cupboard!
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
A cupboard...lol!

I agree on 3.1. I always leave it on that unless I want to watch a movie. Shame that adding the rears to that just breaks everything.
0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

So. I switched everything off and back on. sound bar didn't come back on with the TV and TV reverted to its own speaker. was easy enough to set back up. just sent into sound and selected the sound bar and then added the rear channels via the app. when I have time I will try setting everything up via the TV to see if I can get the muffled sound back as so far I haven't been able to.  I was getting muffled sound all the time before. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

I couldnt get the second workaround to work still muffled.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

So, I am now totally baffled. I set up the surrounds via the TV and it still sounds fine. I have the sub set to minus 12 and the main volume I have between 30 and 40. the TV remembers the setting now but the sound bar isn't switching on and off with the TV. obviously it's still not right as the sub shouldn't need to be turned down that much and I can't work out how I can't get muffled sound anymore. there is a difference between the WiFi and the optical work around. you have to crank the volume a lot more in WiFi and the sub needs turning right down. the sound has a bit less high end I would say. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi leelazer

I can get mine to be muffled quite easily. 

All I have to do is go into TV expert settings first and add the R1's and select soundbar........ Then i go to TV sound input settings and I select soundbar plus r1's

I have surround mode selected all the time and all other settings are kept the same. 

Also gets muffled if I use the app to enter surround mode as long as the expert tv settings are already set up with the R1's and soundbar in wireless speaker management. 

I have permanently gone back to first workaround as bass is just not workable and I don't think quality/volume is as good in wifi with second work around. 

Seems we all have slightly different results from the same use of settings which I can only think would be the differing TV models ://

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Also before I swapped back.

The TV turn off does not power off the soundbar (only starts to display "wifi")  for me but if I power down the soundbar manually straight after tv, the soundbar then turns on with the TV and keeps the previous surround setting (number 2 workaround). 

0 Likes