Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 30-12-2016 03:16 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

I still haven't worked up the nerve to turn everything off and back on as it's working so well at the moment lol 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Maybe! She has been increasingly annoyed with the amount of time I spend tweaking this thing. I am annoyed as well. Samsung clearly isn't as mum's the word with them.

But for clarification, you are saying it sounds clear right? Just that the sub needs to be turned down? It is unfortunate that the L and R channels utilize the sub as well, but aside from that, there is no muddiness anymore.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Sorry just one more observation.......... I have too much base at low volumes (50 and below) and not enough to none (above 70)

Not so bad between 50 and 70 lol
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Geez. I wish I could play it at those volumes. The kids are in bed when we start watching stuff, so I cannot crank it up. I am in the 20's to 30's TOPS. Never have heard/seen it go anywhere above the 30's lol
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Yes muddy sound has gone but just have bass problems (too much at low and not enough at high) don't get this in workaround mode (all sources tested).

And when TV is turned off I have to go through whole thing again removing surround speakers in TV settings.

But at least I can use TV remote in this set up........ Just not sure I can live with bass issues until fix from samsung
0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
Oh and for ease of anyone else, (waiting on podavies to come back) do we just need to connect via WIFI in 3.1 and just setup surround in the app? That's it? We do not need to switch from D.IN to WIFI?
0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Sorry what do you need from me. Was just trying to sort another problem one of my R1 just started disconnecting itself and losing the wifi connection 😔

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

For me as soon as I select wifi/3.1 it ignores the optical lead as I have disconnected it at this point out of interest. 

I just have one more step than you guys as I have to remove all speakers in TV expert settings before starting. 

Seems to make no difference for me whether I start from D.In or not......... As long as speakers are cleared in the expert settings and I only use the app to select surround mode. 

If I do anything different I end up with muddy sound again. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Been there many times Podavies........... Before the sound issues I was plagued with wifi disconnection issues. 

Improved after firmware update but I had to reset my BT router to get one of the R1 speakers to be seen by the app (always the same one too) 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options
Just went through the process of setting up the speaker again, I think when you tell it to use info from other speaker it still had the disconnect issue, told it not to use the details and manually type in the password its seem to have sorted it now. Fingers crossed.
0 Likes