Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 27-12-2016 05:29 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, the 8000s was sold out by the time I got to the shop. No other shops locally stock it at the moment ... I'd rather not get it by mail, if theres a good chance it's getting returned... 

(Edit: found an amazon.com seller recommending 8000s for the k650: https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2C9P8X19RPNE7/?source=allQuestionsPage. It's a gamble though - it really might be the US versions that are only compatible with each other)

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-K650-Channel-Wireless-Soundbar/dp/B01DOIQ274/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B01DO...

The description lists the SWA-8000S as well, but could just be copied from the 550 description. Maybe I will pick them up tonight and try some testing.
0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Also, this US Samsung site suggests compatibility:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049236/

It might just be a region thing in the end - and EU hardware may not in fact be compatible - though I'm not sure why they'd have different firmware / functionality across regions. 

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

Well, I got the SWA-8000S for cheap as they were open box. I tried pairing them to the 650, but they never did so that's a bust. Kind of dumb that they wouldn't work. Oh well. I almost wish I had the 550 now...

Will return these tomorrow.

0 Likes
Monkfish
Journeyman
Options

Thats a shame, but thanks for testing.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi abob36

Just to clarify when you say you tried the pair them to the K650 you mean you connected to all the speakers via the app and then tried to group them.in a surround setup? 

Lee

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@leelazer wrote:

Hi abob36

Just to clarify when you say you tried the pair them to the K650 you mean you connected to all the speakers via the app and then tried to group them.in a surround setup? 

Lee

They work with the k650.  Gee, the instructions are so simple,  it's incredibly easy.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@Monkfish wrote:

Thats a shame, but thanks for testing.

It works. 

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@abob36 wrote:

Well, I got the SWA-8000S for cheap as they were open box. I tried pairing them to the 650, but they never did so that's a bust. Kind of dumb that they wouldn't work. Oh well. I almost wish I had the 550 now...

How do you know they don't work.  Maybe it's they way you tested it. Lol. 

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

@abob36 wrote:

really? 

0 Likes