Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 18-12-2016 11:55 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
leelazer
Navigator
Options

After reading about 5.1 from a Wii U it's seems that it's a restriction of the console.  Nintendo do not pay Dolby licence fees and so they use an Un licenced format that is not supported by most equipment. I will still try it but it doesn't look promising  

Lee

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

No joy with the Wii U. it seems it only supports 5.1 in Lpcm which is uncompressed. This can't be passed through on optical. Maybe if Samsung fix the WiFi problem it will work although I am unsure if my TV supports Lpcm.

Lee 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Just downloaded and played the division on the PC its support an home cinema mode. Wasn't working but again broke the surround and set it up again, and the games sound was in surround mode. So games on the PC work fine, my PC is connected via hdmi on a 1060 to the TV.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

Please send me the 5.1 test file on PM.

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

need to send it to an email address. sent you a pm.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

Found 5.1 Surround Test File on lynnemusic siteDownloaded the WMA file, put in on a USB and plugged into my TV and play it.

Based on that test, I do not ahve 5.1 sound.

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

the file that works is a MKV all the WMA files failed for me.

0 Likes
abob36
Pioneer
Options

The ac3 and wma files are to test on PC, my bad. The mkv works well on the TV.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

I found:  www2. iis. fraunhofer. de / AAC / multichannel. html

It's a .mp4 file.

What other file do I need?

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options

Just pm me with a link to a MKV or send me the Google navigation to it.  I can't send you an e-mail, sorry.

0 Likes