Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 14-12-2016 07:49 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Correction left and front right have crossover with sub. 

Sub sounds on its own but when it tests front right and left it comes out sub also, but no crossover on front centre or rears with sub

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Podavies

Glad you got the file ok and really happy you got it working. like I said I then had to make sure all my media devices were outputting bitstream or in the case of kodi I had to set it to passthrough. need to get yours working now Robbie

Lee

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Lee

Can you send me the file you used also.  

The one I have seems to do the job just getting sound out sub when front left and right sound. 

I have used downloads from below site just need to put www2.

iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Podavies, 

Got the file and tried it. 

Definitely getting sound out the sub woofer on right and left front channels (more evident when I place my hand on back of sub) 

It's only a slight crossover but not completely clean 5.1 in my view but near as ***** it.......... And a million times better that before trying optical lead

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

One more downside with workaround is it doesn't turn off/on soundbar when TV is turned off/on

Samsung still have a lot of work to do before I consider keeping this kit

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Robbie

Do you have an email address I can send it too? 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options
this is no solution, just makes its usable, I still have to break and recreate the group when I change sources, as it breaks the surround for me. so when I go to my PC, then back to the USB the surround is broken, it goes to 3.1 then I have to use the App to break and recreate the group again .
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi lee

Podavies has sent your email to me but thanks. 

Tried it and it's best one I have tried, but still slight crossover on testing right/left front to sub (but only slight) 

The centre and two rears are clear as a bell with no crossover to sub

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

I sent it. 🙂

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Yes agree Podavies

Your not off the hook Samsung we still need a permanent fix! 

0 Likes