Did you mean: 

Original topic:

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 14/12/16 13:15)
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,601 REPLIES 1,601
abob36
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Just wanted to chime in that I was able to use the optical to get clean 5.1 audio. I was watching shows last night for a few hours without issue. My soundbar did power on with my TV. I will do more testing over the weekend. 

Samsung still needs to get this figured out instead of us having to use this workaround.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Thanks Podavies, 

Got the file and tried it. 

Definitely getting sound out the sub woofer on right and left front channels (more evident when I place my hand on back of sub) 

It's only a slight crossover but not completely clean 5.1 in my view but near as ***** it.......... And a million times better that before trying optical lead

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

One more downside with workaround is it doesn't turn off/on soundbar when TV is turned off/on

Samsung still have a lot of work to do before I consider keeping this kit

0 Likes
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video
this is no solution, just makes its usable, I still have to break and recreate the group when I change sources, as it breaks the surround for me. so when I go to my PC, then back to the USB the surround is broken, it goes to 3.1 then I have to use the App to break and recreate the group again .
0 Likes
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

So i decided to work from home today, just been playing with the setup and what Lee said to do with the Audio cable.

So i loaded up Avengers on the Neflix App and Setup the Surround sound on on the Samsung APP, I was gettting to hear some pretty sweet sound out of the Sound bar, and the R1 seemed to be playing certain surround sound. It sounded how I would expect it too, the only thing i need to do is find a a surround test video that plays the 5 descreet channels to confirm this, Does any have any surround test apps or video, can anyone can point me in the direction of them.

This is promising but again only a work around.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Hi podavies

If you google 5.1 surround test a few sites come up. You will need to download it though and put it on a memory stick or something. I would post a link but I dont think that is allowed on here. Then plug it into the USB on your TV. Thats what I did and I even got the sub working on its own channel so its definately real 5.1. 

Lee

0 Likes
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Just done that no sound out of the Sub and sound coming out of all the speakers when playing front left and right same issues as before using wifi, maybe its test video im using.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options
Audio & Video

Hi podavies

It could be the test video. Do you have an email that I could send a link to so you can try that? Also can you tell me how you have the settings on your TV. 

Lee

0 Likes
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video
Sent PM
0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Please send me the 5.1 test file on PM.

0 Likes
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

need to send it to an email address. sent you a pm.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Found 5.1 Surround Test File on lynnemusic siteDownloaded the WMA file, put in on a USB and plugged into my TV and play it.

Based on that test, I do not ahve 5.1 sound.

0 Likes
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

the file that works is a MKV all the WMA files failed for me.

0 Likes
abob36
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

The ac3 and wma files are to test on PC, my bad. The mkv works well on the TV.

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

I found:  www2. iis. fraunhofer. de / AAC / multichannel. html

It's a .mp4 file.

What other file do I need?

0 Likes
NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

Just pm me with a link to a MKV or send me the Google navigation to it.  I can't send you an e-mail, sorry.

0 Likes
podavies
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video
I'm not sure where the mkv file is from I had someone email it to me. if you have a site where I can up load to I will
0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options
Audio & Video

Trying to add a link to the MKV file that was sent to me...

Dropbox link here:

MKV File

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

SAMSUNG YOU HAVE GONE VERY QUIET! 

ANY UPDATE FOR US OR AT LEAST FINALLY ADMIT THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM HERE CAUSED BY A FIRMWARE UPDATE????? 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options
Audio & Video

Hello all, 

I have just received this response by email after I had asked for an update on the firmware fix:

"I have spoken with our community team and understand that there have been some positive movements with regard to this issue, is this not the case?"

I have responded but it is completely clear to me that a workaround with the optical cable is good enough for Samsung, and there is no real intention to escalate anything regarding firmware issues, let alone find a fix for the issues we have. 

To date after months of attempting to get this sorted Samsung have still not admitted there is an issue. 

I will be packing up my kit and taking it to their head office whether they want me me there or not! 

NotSamsung
First Poster
Options
Audio & Video

@Robbienobs wrote:

Hello all, 

I have just received this response by email after I had asked for an update on the firmware fix:

"I have spoken with our community team and understand that there have been some positive movements with regard to this issue, is this not the case?"

I have responded but it is completely clear to me that a workaround with the optical cable is good enough for Samsung, and there is no real intention to escalate anything regarding firmware issues, let alone find a fix for the issues we have. 

To date after months of attempting to get this sorted Samsung have still not admitted there is an issue. 

I will be packing up my kit and taking it to their head office whether they want me me there or not! 

What is the workaround?  Is it to connect the K650 via Optical to the TV and then to use the Samsung Multoroom App to connect the two sourounds over Wifi?    It can't be because I tried that and I did not get 5.1.

Samsung should be more clear with what is supported over what TV connection (HDMI ARC,  Optical, Wifi, TV Connect) and what the TV settings should be to achieve 5.1. 

Furthermore, this could be a legal issue in that the K650 either works as designed, or does not work as designed.  Based on the Samsung Marketing (product website), the K650 can do 5.1 when using 2 x Samsung Multiroom speakers.  Why can't Samsung explain to its customers how to achieve this 5.1?

Surely Samsung knows the answer given that they designed the K650 Soundbar.  Why should the we, the Samsung Customer,  accept this ommision by Samsung?

I am yet to find any Samsung approved user material that explans how to get 5.1 sound from the K650 and 2 x Multiroom Samsung speakers.    This is what we need to ask them.  Because if their product does not work as designed or advertised, then they legally need to resolve the defect.  That much is crystal clear.

And that is what is needed here.  I want Samsung to provide me the Samsung User Manual how to set-up their equipment to achive 5.1 sound using their TV, K650 and 2 x M3's.  That is what we need to ask them.  It is that simple.  And then, if it does not work, then it is either for them to fix it, or for us to make a legal case which they will lose and have to fix it.

I'm fed up testing their equipment and guessing how to do it.  It should be an easy thing:  Samsung advertises 5.1 with K650, this is how to set it up, boom there it works.  But no, samsung can't even tell us how to configure their equipemnt to get the advertised 5.1. 

The Optical 'workaround' does not work for me.  Regrettably, however, I have no reason to accept the workaround even if it did produce 5.1 sound.  I want to see their user Manauls that state connecting the K650 via HDMI (ARC) or Wifi to the Samsung TV would not give 5.1.  I have not seem that, but have seen their ad for K650 and 5.1 sound, therefore can't just accept some non-working workaround.

0 Likes