Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 14-12-2016 11:36 AM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
podavies
Pioneer
Options

So i decided to work from home today, just been playing with the setup and what Lee said to do with the Audio cable.

So i loaded up Avengers on the Neflix App and Setup the Surround sound on on the Samsung APP, I was gettting to hear some pretty sweet sound out of the Sound bar, and the R1 seemed to be playing certain surround sound. It sounded how I would expect it too, the only thing i need to do is find a a surround test video that plays the 5 descreet channels to confirm this, Does any have any surround test apps or video, can anyone can point me in the direction of them.

This is promising but again only a work around.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi podavies

If you google 5.1 surround test a few sites come up. You will need to download it though and put it on a memory stick or something. I would post a link but I dont think that is allowed on here. Then plug it into the USB on your TV. Thats what I did and I even got the sub working on its own channel so its definately real 5.1. 

Lee

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

Just done that no sound out of the Sub and sound coming out of all the speakers when playing front left and right same issues as before using wifi, maybe its test video im using.

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi podavies

It could be the test video. Do you have an email that I could send a link to so you can try that? Also can you tell me how you have the settings on your TV. 

Lee

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options
Sent PM
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Lee, 

Sounds promising as a work around and will try later and post. 

You say it has all 5.1 channels but is the sound quality as good as just soundbar without R1's? (as it should be in other words).... 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Lee, 

Massive Kudos to you mate. 

Works a treat as a temp fix. Only downside is you are unable to use the TV control to adjust the volume. 

Interestingly this set up puts the volume numbers back to 0 to 50 and not 0 to 100 since the firmware update. It's this same firmware that screwed the sound. 

Samsung. I hope you are taking note and maybe offer Lee a job so he can sort out a permanent fix! 

Well done.......... Let's see how long it takes samsung to fix the firmware and get this sorted once and for all. 

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options

have you tried testing any 5.1 surround test videos

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Next on my list but at least for now I can use all the speakers in surround mode. 

I just need to download a file and will post back

0 Likes
podavies
Pioneer
Options
what TV do you have. do you have it setup with ARC and HDMI
0 Likes