Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 10-12-2016 07:19 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks,  Think I will give it a week and then go visit head office with all the evidence and kit 

0 Likes
Tater
First Poster
Options

Just purchased 65"KS8000 tv with HW-K650 sound bar and 2 R1 speakers. Hooked it all up last night and all was good. Turn it on today and have the same problem you have described. On the phone now with support. They are no help. This is not a good start. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

This unit always good out the box.

Then the firmware updates from factory version and ruins everything.

Thanks for posting. At least with everyone reporting the same issues now they will find it very hard to ignore like me. 

Customer service guys have no technical abilities at all and hopefully this has been escalated. They try to state that it's only an isolated issue every time I have called. They did the same thing with the WiFi and denied the problem, then admitted it to me it was firmware and updated the firmware to fix. 

The only way I can use mine at the moment is to use the -12 setting that shouldn't be there on the subwoofer setting, but still no where near as good as it should be. I often give up and just use the original tv sound! 

They said to me on the phone over two months ago now that it was passed to the technical team, and did absolutely nothing to fix it. They have said the same again on here but hopefully if we all stick together we can get this sorted. 

If I was you to be honest I would take it all back for a refund while you can. 

I can see myself at head office on Friday! 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options

Take it back while you can.

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Amazing Samsung have just banned me from their US forum!! 

This is just getting worse and worse........ I will probably visit head office before Friday now. I best take snapshots from this site before I get banned from here too! 

For speaking the truth! 

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Nice going Samsung....
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

No joke! 

The guy hasn't a clue and I feel for you if that's who you have to deal with going forwards in the US. 

Didnt even swear......... Even though I do feel like it right now

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Unsure why our US friends have taken this action, Robbienobs. 

We definitely are looking into the main issue for you guys here in the UK, so hold off on the marching boots and pitchforks for now!

On a related side note, we'd really, really like to avoid banning anyone here.

0 Likes
Bryantay
Explorer
Options
Thank you AntS and please don't ban me from this forum (even though i'm located in the US) as this seems to be the only place that is actually concerned and attempting to look into the issue for us.

This forum as unfortunately inherited the frustrations with the lack of help coming out of the US community over the past few months.

Please let us/me know if you need any information that will help you.
0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

I should hope not too! Should I really be thankful for not being banned for speaking my mind about hundreds of my pounds going to waste?

Said nothing derogatory or abusive just a bit of sarcasm and total truth. 

This is the end of a very long few months so please forgive me if I am at the end of my tether........ I appreciate you trying to lighten the tone of the thread but this is just awful. 

Everywhere I look, on my wrist, on this phone, at the tv and washing machine (oh and sound bar and surround speakers)  all I see is Samsung logos........... And I am now asking myself why do I show any loyalty at all. 

The only way to solve any problem is to admit there is one in the first place......... It's fine samsung using customers as ginie pigs for firmware testing, but when there is an issue you need to listen and be honest. 

Here is the customer call centre reference number that all my calls where logged to going back for months

0 Likes