Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW K430 soundbar continuously mutes itself

(Topic created on: 07-08-2019 11:54 AM)
Matt48
First Poster
Options

Hi,

A strange issue on my HW K430 soundbar that started this morning as I swtiched the tv on. The soundbar automatically mutes itself no matter what I do or what input I select. So for tv, I cycle to D.In, it then displays the volume level and the TV sound is coming through the bar but after it times out back to D.In it mutes itself and the only way to unmute it is to turn the volume either up or down, then when it times out again to display D.In it mutes again.

I've tried unplugging everything, tried a different optical cable that I know is working fine, tried it on another tv, same issue, and taken the battery out of the remote etc, but nothing helps, I still get the same problem. The hard buttons on the end aren't working either with the exception of the source cycle button.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge of this I'd be really grateful to hear about it! 

Thanks in advance!

Matt

21 REPLIES 21
fixyourstuffsam
Apprentice
Options

having the exact same issue, any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Pauline_k
First Poster
Options

I also have the same issue. Anyone found a solution yet?

0 Likes
fixyourstuffsam
Apprentice
Options
Yes! The issue with mine was the buttons on the side, or the ribbon cable connecting it to the main board. I never used them anyway so I opened it up, disconnected the buttons, and reassembled. Remote still works, issue resolved!
Bozay
Student
Options

I’m having the same issue and the repairs are too expensive. How did you open it? Did you pry it from the sides?

0 Likes
fixyourstuffsam
Apprentice
Options

If I remember correctly there was a lot of things just stuck on with adhesive. But I definitely just started pulling out all screws I could find, and print off anything that was stuck on with adhesive like the rubber feet or something. I don't think they're was (much?) Prying

Bozay
Student
Options

Did you fix the problem yet? 

if not then heres what to do:

remove the screws to open the back panal 

there is a ribbon cable beside the where the power cable plugs in, disconnect the ribbon cable.

you wont be able to use the buttons on the sideof the speakers but the problem will be gone and the speakers will work fine.

LAAZ
First Poster
Options

Reply to Bozay:  I have the KW550 soundbar (or similar name).  I don't know how you figured this one out.  But thanks, it worked like a charm.  This saved me at least a couple hundred bucks for a new soundbar.  Note:  the manual control buttons on the end of the soundbar no longer work. But no worries. I didn't even know they were even there.  Thanks again.

PaulT1962
First Poster
Options

Amazing, followed instructions, removed 6 screws, no glue around the edge, so came off quite easy, gently pulled and unclipped the ribbon, re screwed the back and works absolutely fine.

Thank you saved me a few hundred pounds for a new sound bar, I never used the side buttons on the actual unit anyway.

Thanks again.

Paul  

rsouzati
First Poster
Options

Meu soundbar k-450 estava sempre ativando o mute e os botões da lateral não estavam funcionando.

Quando abri o meu k-450 estava com a trava do cabo flat aberta. Removi o cabo e passei um limpa contato conectei o cabo e fechei a trava, resolveu o problema, todos os botões estão funcionando perfeitamente. 

0 Likes