Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-SB107 Soundbar not working after update

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 03:44 PM)
KevM19
Student
Options

Recent update of TV system to 1392.0 has caused my soundbar to stop working on HD TV channels and Netflix and Rakuten. The soundbar is recognised via HDMI/ARC connection, but no sound. I do have sound on non-HD TV channels. Weird. Worse is that Samsung phone 'support' say it's not their problem and I have to get the other manufacturer to update their software. Yeah, right! There is no software update possible on my soundbar!!. So then they hang up. Really not helpful. Anyone able to suggest a solution to a half-dead soundbar please?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm wondering if Dolby Digital is the problem, try changing your output to PCM.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

No sound from the soundbar

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109856/
0 Likes
KevM19
Student
Options

Thanks Steve, but no it does not help. My problem is no sound SOMETIMES. I have sound via HDMI/ARC when the source is a non-HD TV channel or my Blu-Ray Player. As soon as I change the decoder to a HD channel, or go to Netflix or Rakuten the sound bar goes off. The device is still recognised, and there is an animated bar chart - but no audio. I have to select TV speaker.

My big problem is that it is a Sharp sound-bar and Samsung just say it's not their problem (it is a Samsung TV).

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
This link maybe helpful

Set up your Samsung Soundbar - Connect to TV with HDMI and more

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049272/
0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm wondering if Dolby Digital is the problem, try changing your output to PCM.
KevM19
Student
Options

Thanks Steve. It's not a Samsung soundbar so none of that helps. It is a rather simple soundbar that has no screen interface. The Samsung update allows some but not all sound pass to the soundbar. That's my annoyance. Samsung does not care because they do not count me as a customer despite owning one of their TVs. Not for much longer...

0 Likes
KevM19
Student
Options

Thanks Pugs1957, but  no, it's nothing to do with Dolby.

0 Likes
KevM19
Student
Options

Thanks Pugs1957. On further digging I discovered the audio output was reset (presumably by the update) to Dolby Digital. Switching to PCM has recovered the functionality I previously had.

0 Likes