Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
ELJUNIOR18
First Poster
Options
I haven't got mine fix, keeps cycling on and off. Please assist. Was this problem resolved?
0 Likes
ELJUNIOR18
First Poster
Options
I'm from North America, theres any assistance to fix my home theater system? Keeps cycling on and off.
0 Likes
KimF
First Poster
Options

Contact the Samsung support team. They will have you send it to them to do a reset. (They will send you a shipping label as well). 

0 Likes
ELJUNIOR18
First Poster
Options

May you assist me?? Or how to do the steps?

0 Likes
TonyJabb
Journeyman
Options

Why this topic is marked as SOLVED and iam still having the problem??? i didn't get any solution for this issue !!!!

0 Likes
mikkilj
Apprentice
Options

Was talking with Finnish Samsung support. Finally they were aware of the problem. But told that it is under investigation. Still after a week since problem started. They simply too my e-mail and model number and told that they will contact me.

When, no any idea.

I am starting to be finished with this case. How samsung has handled this and how poor is communicating to users. I feel that this was last step for me to get Any samsung product, ever.

TonyJabb
Journeyman
Options

@mikkilj wrote:

Was talking with Finnish Samsung support. Finally they were aware of the problem. But told that it is under investigation. Still after a wee singe problem started. They simply too my e-mail and model number and told that they will contact me.

When, no any idea.

I am starting to be finished with this case. How samsung has handled this and how poor is communicating to users. I feel that this was last step for me to get Any samsung product, ever.

Yes same here this will be my last SAMSUNG device, i have just finished with my call with my local sumsung support center as "SOLVED" told us to.... and guess what they arent aware of this issue !!!!!

Norbi79
Journeyman
Options

Contact to Samsung on their website via Chat. They will book a collection for repair. 

I've been told last week on friday that they will collect in Saturday. Till now noone came to collect the parcel :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Majorproblem
Journeyman
Options

Samsung have arranged to pick mine up in the next 24 - 48 hours they acknowledged the fault and said that if my issue is not connected to the fault there would be a charge, but it definitely is so not worried about that, otherwise its free 

0 Likes
CB-B
Student
Options
The "Open Source Licence" page under "Samsung Support" on a working HT-J5500 It makes a reference to "a period of 3 year after last shipment" for access to open source code. (Timing suspicious) https://opensource.samsung.com/opensource/15_AV_BDP_MTK/seq/3 I have 2 x HT-J5500 - The one that was bricked, was internet connected and had a DVD/Blu-Ray inserted The second one has never seen a DVD/Blu-Ray since Christmas. It works fine and will connect via the internet and when checking for updates, reports my "B-JM63HTBWWB-1017.3" is the latest version. I need to send one unit back. Would you hope Samsung could get a later working firmware version available for the second one!!! or even a USB boot image on their website.
0 Likes