Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Mark572
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue here in US.  Started this afternoon.  This is definately not just a simple failure.

This is either a firmware update fail or someone planted a timebomb in the code.

I am not sure this can be fixed because of the short cycle time of the reset.  There maybe no way to stop it to load new firmware.

Muschelklopfer
Student
Options

Here the same Germany

Mhg2003
Journeyman
Options

I to just now experienced this same problem with my HT j4500 in Canada called Samsung support they told me to unplug for a minute and do the reset and it didn't work so they referred me to a technician.... Seems like it's to coincidental that all of us have the same problem at the same times

Jay86
Explorer
Options
This is exactly what I have been thinking and have told in my past msgs. Even if they find the patch, it is not that easy to load it on to the HT as the cycle is too quick doesn't even let me select options
Mhg2003
Journeyman
Options

Also the technician they referred me to their numbers out of service ...

Saul_Diaz
Explorer
Options

Im having the same issue in Mexico, I bet Samsung sent a software version with errors, now I expect support to fix it

alex2020py
Pioneer
Options

I tried to put an old update, in usb, but impossible, I don't know how they are going to fix it. Samsung, please do something, or give me my money back !!!

Alejandropainen
Journeyman
Options
ElNecio
Pioneer
Options

The same problem is occurring on the HT-J5500K

Same issue in latin america

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-V%C3%ADdeo/home-theater-samsung-ht-j5500k-zx/td-p/1811806/...

alex2020py
Pioneer
Options

Hay un foro en espanol, te paso el link. de donde sos? fuerza desde paraguay!!!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-V%C3%ADdeo/home-theater-samsung-ht-j5500k-zx/m-p/1812557#M...

0 Likes