Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Nolasco14
First Poster
Options
Mine is doing the same thing! This needs to get fixed
PeterZidek
Student
Options

Zariadenie je v takom stave ze sa nebude dat aktualizovat.. 

0 Likes
Lorena00
Explorer
Options

Same issue from Italy on my HT-J4500

Still no resolution of Samsung 

thorpe
Apprentice
Options
A co s tym teda? Vziat do servisu? Zaruka skoncila vo februari
0 Likes
pedroke
Explorer
Options

@thorpe: Nic.. sledovat fora a oficialne stanovisko Samsungu.. v servise s tym nevedia urobit teraz nic.. ani oni nevedia o co ide a ako to riesit a kto to zaplati.. Kontaktoval som aj autorizovany servis a oni informacie tiez len preveruju u Samsungu.. Momentalne sa da len cakat a dufat, ze sa k tomu Samsung postavi slusne..

0 Likes
Gruff
Explorer
Options

@Dave-13 wrote:

had this conversation and replies

ht j4500 blu ray / home cinema the same fault as many other people about loop booting which started last thursday only got accepted late sunday night uk time to log on

1:18 PM

Yes Dave, we have had reports about this issue with Blu-ray J series. We already escalated this to our headquarters and that they are now working for the solution. They will be posting further notice on our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/. I can only apologise for the inconvenience.

We are aware of the issue Dave and this is currently under investigation.

1:19 PM

What I can only advise for now is to wait for further update. Rest assured that all account are being tracked that has the same issue.

1:20 PM

so will they email all those with faults about a fix

1:22 PM

Yes Dave, they will be sharing the update on all the accounts that we tracked. However, we cannot guarantee when will be the exact release for the update.

1:24 PM

at least samsung have took note of a fault not just on one or two but world wide with the same fault on the j4500 and other j systems can't be a coincidence

1:27 PM

We can only apologise for the inconvenience Dave. But, rest assured that our engineers are working with an update to be released the soonest possible.

Dave, not sure where you are but I have had email back from Samsung UK HQ following my email to the CEO.

Following receipt of your escalation and those from other users, our AV department have given assurance that they have been made aware of this concern and are currently liaising with our global HQ to test and provide solution through a further update.

While I do not have a timescale for this to be released, please be assured that this is being treated as a priority case. If I receive further confirmation I will be in touch, otherwise the update will be supplied directly.

EVERYBODY BE AWARE. Samsung are obviously admitting that it is a global issue. Do not get fobbed off by any support 'minions' that they are not aware of the issue. We just have to be patient .

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes obviously there has been a problem and whilst will not be resolved straight away  clear that Samsung are working on a fix with it being a global issue.   There have been some reports in Digital media and acknowlegement of the problem in the US community. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/samsung-blu-ray-players-malfunctioning/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

KarelJan
First Poster
Options

Jep. Same here in Belgium. How is Samsung going to notify us when there is a fix?

Chad0418
First Poster
Options

I have two of them in both of them did the exact same thing. What is the solution to this problem?