Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Gemain
Pioneer
Options

@aosilva wrote:

Samsung is taking too long to make a public statement about this global problem and how they will help all the customers around the world.

I am agree, this takes lot of time.

Moreover a lot of users report customer service doesn't seem to be aware of the problem.

I counted 20 countries and 5 differents equipments until now here :

https://youtu.be/eineSP4ZKoE

Personnaly, if there is no answer, it will be #ByeBuySamsung for me !

joty4089
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with jt4550, yesterday i powered on my home theater and keeps turning on/off hope they find a fix for that. I was thinking my ht just have end od life after 5 years but i found this thread and i have hope they solve the problem

markheijl
Explorer
Options

Just to add to the queue of people seeing this problem globally, I have it too on my HT-J5500 (Netherlands). I know several of my fellow countrymen do. Samsung better get off their @ss and do something about it.

Gemain
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
CJM13
Explorer
Options

Come on Samsung you've had long enough to make an announcement as to why you cant fix the worldwide problem of all your Home cinema systems crashing at the same time. Get it sorted its not funny anymore 🤬

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

i think it's better to send a email towards BBC to let them know that SAMSUNG it's not doing something about this. 

J123
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

I'm in Virginia. My HT-J5500W is doing the same thing. It started on June 17, 2020. Everything worked fine with mine on the 12th. Tried on the 17th and just kept cycling on/off ,load/unload. Exactly like the video at the beginning of this. Calling tomorrow for a answer.

cosimo5683
Explorer
Options

yesterday also my cousin (ht-j5500w) and my uncle (ht-j4200) have always encountered the problem in Italy. Samsung technical support advised me to take it to a service center, but I doubt that they can solve the problem because I disassembled it, checked the components and it seems to be fine. Hopefully Samsung will let us know as soon as possible because I don't want to leave my home cinema like all the people who commented 😥

J123
Journeyman
Options

I just did the chat room thing with customer service and they said the company is aware of the issue and when the problem is resolved everything will start working like magic. I asked for a reference # for our chat and took screen shots of the entire conversation to have something to fall back on. Hope they get it straight. 

Amereeyore
Student
Options
Fingers crossed. Are you in the UK?
0 Likes