Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
PeteO
Journeyman
Options

I'm encouraged (very slightly) that somebody got the chat person to acknowledge that the problem exists.  I just did a chat and the person told me that they haven't had any reports.  This is after I explained that there were litterally dozens of people on their own message boards, some of which who have called in, with the exact same problem happening in the last day.

But like other posters have said, any firmware fix might be problematic to deploy.   Hopefully the bootloader does look for a properly formatted USB or there's some vulcan keypress combo on boot.

Brian85
Journeyman
Options

Confirmed mine was connected via Ethernet also

hdano
Journeyman
Options

Mine on internet too,

it must have been some background kill update.

By the way, my model HT-J4200 does not have anymore USB as a input choice if I press INPUT button, it scrolls only RADIO/BT/DVD/AUX , no more USB

I have read some time ago, that SMSNG makes in TVs clock counter, if you have for example 10000 hours, processor get overvoltage and burn itself.Probably something similar is here....

alex2020py
Pioneer
Options
mine too. Ethernet
MishM73
Apprentice
Options

Hi........I have just joined cos I had this start out of the blue as well!

Cols
Apprentice
Options

Also same issue in South Africa. Still no update from Samsung on a fix?

Shamous1984
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem started yesterday  but just a note here that makes it a little bit more than a coinsidence is that I have 2 of the same units in my home and now both of them are out with the same problem.  HUM?  sounds like some kind of kill to me to get consumers to replace older products.  I sure hope that they have a fix for this because I dont have the cash right now to replace half of my entertainment systems in my home.  This makes me so angry because I have all samsung tvs (4 of them) and samsung products in my home because I have always been a loyal customer to them.  I have also had this exact same problem about 2 1/2 years ago with my first unit. wich I replaced and now again with 2 of them at same time.   

maximryan
First Poster
Options

definitely a software problem, hope its not a wilful action. but i have the exact home cinema and its behaving the exact same way. no solutions as yet. it started the 18th june 2020

Gruff
Explorer
Options

Add another to the ever growing list. My HT J4200 doing same thing

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@hdano wrote:

I ALREADY REPLACED ALL CAPACITORS ON POWER SUPPLY, NOT HELPED, THEN REPLACED ALL ON MAIN BOARD :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

As electrician, I do not think there will be easy fix for us, as the device continuously reboots, so it can not get IP address and start to download anything now from internet as a fix.

Same for USB. 

The only way will be some kind of USB emergency update, if sw engineers have it in this device.

Thank you for doing this, as it has saved me the bother. I checked the capacitors with a meter and they all seemed okay, so I'll not go down that road. I just wish that someone from Samsung would reply to this thread, at the very least, to assure us that they're doing all they can to help. Really bad public relations from such a big company in my opinion.