Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Jay86
Explorer
Options

Hello From Toronto,

I have had the same issue. After I got the unit back on Saturday evening, I hooked it up with everything including ethernet. Worked fine until Monday afternoon (~36 hours) and then stopped. Following are the msgs on the player's display

Hello-BD/DVD-LOAD-STOP. and then it shuts down(doesn't turn itself on like before). I checked the temperature and it wasn't hot to touch. 

Did several reset attempts didn't work either  so I unplugged with from power source. Tried to contact rep through chat, all he said now I have option to go for paid repair.

I told him three points

1) THIS issue was not there before the repair

2) Samsung offered repair so that I can enjoy the product but this issue is essentially rendering it unusable what's the point of repair?

3) after Repair it wasn't just SIGNIFICANT amount of time passed when it developed the new Fault. They CAN'T blame me for the issue as it hasn't passed 48 hours when I reported the issue. 

Seems like Scam-sung Canada has lazy Ss repair center who don't have any clue what they are doing. It is SHAME to Samsung. I haven't been able to contact Samsung again as I am too much caught up with life as of now. But I swear I will never buy Scam-Sung again. Ever. Period. 

Here is the not-so-active or DEAD thread of Canadian forum I started if you wish to see. Reporting it there may help us push Scam-sung Canada to accept that this is happening as they told me there is NO such report of issue AFTER repair

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Samsung-HT-J4500-continuous-booting-issue/td-p/5597439/pa...

artmanjohn
Explorer
Options

I got my BD-J5900 3D player back recently and everything was great except for one detail, when I bought this player I almost paid double for it to be a Region Free player, about a third of my 3D Blu-Rays are from outside the US because that's where most 3D Blu-Rays are made and sold these days! So, in order for me to watch my region B & C Blu-Rays, which are usually a lot more expensive,  I went on Amazon and bought a Sony - Region Free player for over 200 bucks. This little glitch in the Samsung players cost me over 300 extra bucks total I have invested for a region Free player! The Samsung player I just got back is going on the shelf, it's useless to me! Just Saying!

Shugg
Student
Options

That's a pity, because I've a BD-J5700 which was also chipped as multi-region DVD/BD and, on return, the region coding still works. This was a welcome surprise to me. Difference is I'm in UK and it was a USA player I had chipped. They only replaced the firmware/software on mine, thus leaving the circuit board intact. I sympathise.

Patryk9
First Poster
Options

Hello. I have the same problem with my ht-j4500. I'm from Poland and I'm looking for a solution to fix it.

Edit.

I called to Samsung Poland, there will be a free repair. 

Retro
Explorer
Options

Boot loop fixed but, I noticed a couple of days ago that I'm missing some audio (speech/centre) on some channels. After some farting about the speaker wires no longer correspond to their colours with some channels missing all together 🤬

Retro
Explorer
Options

After stripping out all the speaker cables, double checking corresponding cables etc, the problem is with the software 🤬. If I go into sound / speaker settings / speaker test on ... only 2 of the 4 connected speakers actually emit sound and neither according to the highlighted one on the screen!

Edit: I've had to turn Dolby OFF on my Sky box!

0 Likes
caglarakdeniz
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my ht-j4550. I'm from Turkey and I'm looking for a solution to fix it.

0 Likes
tcl2301
Apprentice
Options

success

The shipping and repair of the Home theatre are free of cost.

You will receive an email with E-label to send the Home theatre and remote control by packing them after filing the ticket.

The remote control needs to be included in the packing along with the unit while sending to the service center.

Please pack the unit properly prior to shipping to avoid any physical damage as physical damage voids this free repair offer.

The free repair offer will only cover the issue with endless rebooting (power on, then power off constantly). Other issues such as unable to read discs or unable to connect to a wireless network are not covered.

tcl2301
Apprentice
Options

we shall see if it comes back fixed or worse

Please pack the unit properly prior to shipping to avoid any physical damage as physical damage voids this free repair offer.

The free repair offer will only cover the issue with endless rebooting (power on, then power off constantly). Other issues such as unable to read discs or unable to connect to a wireless network are not covered.

caglarakdeniz
Student
Options

I called to Samsung Ankara Turkey, device is fixed. But only boot loop fixed. Now, there is no sound. I'm not lucky at all.