Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

The device in me is also produced in Romania. It says Samsung England address on it

Samsung is demanding turkey service 86 euros. I wonder if I can write samsung england live support can they help for free ?

kkk

0 Likes
J123
Journeyman
Options

Just got mine back today from being repaired. Everything seems to be working. No charge. Took about three weeks. 

In Virginia, U.S.

0 Likes
bush420
Apprentice
Options

just got my unit back and it looks like they used it as a  Frisbee broken and bent edges and scratches all over the whole unit im so passed off i better be getting a refund or im SUING!!!20200721_164427.jpg

20200721_164422.jpg

20200721_170151.jpg

20200721_170201.jpg

20200721_170216.jpg

MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options
Oh *****! Where are you? I’m in Toronto Canada and I’m hoping for a better experience. Mind you it’s been 10 days and all I see on my tracking is that the device has arrived to the repair shop awaiting a technician to be assigned to the repair. I guess I can kiss goodbye to the DVD disc that is stuck inside - I couldn’t retrieve it after this machine went on the fritz so sent it in with it stuck in the tray.
bush420
Apprentice
Options

Im in the U.S they sent it to New Jerseys which is on the other side of the U.S disc was also stuck inside no damage to the disc I got lucky on that Pink Floyd dark side of the moon 5.1 special edition i bought more then 10 years ago still playing.

0 Likes
hdano
Journeyman
Options
MB is mine, as I replaced capacitors before 🙂
So it is sw solution.
Contact Samsung support, they tell u where u get free of charge repair.
0 Likes
dlr188
Apprentice
Options
Very unhappy with the repair experience, not only did they return the unit all scratched up with 2 large cracks on the front but it isn't even functioning. All I get now when I turn it on is an error message that reads "FAN NG" and then it shuts off. What a joke. When I sent it in it was in spotless condition, I still had the protective film that came on it when I bought it in place. I've reached out on chat and issue has been escalated, I'll supposedly be contacted with a resolution in the next day or two.
0 Likes
Mal27
Apprentice
Options

I hope you have better luck than I did, had exactly the same problem in June with my HT- J5500 home cinema unit. Contacted Samsung and sent back my unit to RepairTech on the 29th of June for my 'Free of Charge' repair.

Last week I received a call from RepairTech to advise me that they had checked the unit and it had passed all their tests and the fault was something else and that I would have to pay to get it repaired. 

So I requested the unit to be sent back unrepaired and have now decided never to buy Samsung again!

Just ordered a new Yamaha surround sound system today! and will replace my other Samsung products over the next few years! (2 phones, 2 TV's and Washing machine). 

A real shame considering that I use to be a real ambassdor for their products.... but it's a lesson learned too much of a coincidence that my unit failed at the same time as everyone elses.... onwards and upwards and goodbye to Samsung.

kkeyser
Apprentice
Options

I'm in the US. I have had good service. It took time. They needed a physical part to repair the system. I recieved a phone call about the delay. I also had a blu-ray player that failed and the same service was offered. It was returned quickly. i just recieved my HT-J5500 back from the service center yesterday. Everything worked as expected. They gave me a label to ship it in and repaired it for free and shipped it back. I paid UPS to pack it when I had it shipped. It was about a year out of warranty so thank you Samsung. I am so happy to have it back. What have I learned is that TV speakers are not great and I really missed my HT. it has been a little over a month to get it back.

I hope everyone can get the service I did. I have no complaints. They fixed it for me. i was sorry to have it gone and that was a real inconvience but stuff happens. Not great that they broke a bunch of blu-ray players around the globe but they did step up for me.

This will be my last post. Good luck everyone!

0 Likes
Majorproblem
Journeyman
Options

I had the same issue as everybody else Samsung collected mine they fixed it sent it back today all works fine updated the software all working perfectly but I will not connect it to the internet in future

0 Likes