Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
magoo28
Apprentice
Options

Hi guy's 

just read about the problems, anyone know what models are affected, i got a ht-d5100 and it just started to switch it self on and off

0 Likes
ayer60
Student
Options
@Kat35: just t obe sure - if you were using chat - that's no good. These folks ar enot Samsung employees, just "user experts". Call the main number, do the waiting, and talk to a support rep. If that's what you did and got that answer- I'd say simply call again.
Kat35
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
Krisb60
Explorer
Options
I used chat - it was a Samsung employee. My player is being collected on Monday ....
0 Likes
mark___
First Poster
Options

called them today, told them about this being an issue world wide within the last week or so, also to check the amount of complaints with either calls or specifically to these postings to the issue.

After being a bit "persuasive" was on hold for about 2 or 3 minutes the rep came back and said they were aware of the issue and sent a UPS lable to use to send the unit (HT-J4500) for them to fix, said they would fix it for free.

this whole thing is freakin joke...

0 Likes
Fernandito
Pioneer
Options

Here in Latin America we are many affected too. They do not give an answer, only that the engineering sector is aware and looking for the solution. Just wait for the solution and they will warn by networks and official media.

0 Likes
J123
Journeyman
Options

Richmond,Va. U.S. 

Just got off the phone with customer care. Had to answer a set of questions. You need to know what day it started, model#, and serial #. They emailed me a shipping label to return it for a free repair.  I contacted them at the beging of the week and they said to wait for a magical space ray to beam a solution into the unit. That never happened so I called back today. They claim it's a 40 minute wait for a customer service person but was actually about 10 minutes so stay on the line. Hopefully this will fix it.

0 Likes
Noge
First Poster
Options

My model is HT-D5530. Rang UK support and was told I would have to pay for a repair.  Emailed Samsung UK and got the following response:

Our AV department has explained that the issue being reported online would not be related to your model, and for this reason our agent explained that this would not be supported through the process we have in place for affected models. I can therefore offer collection of your player for assessment and repair, however this may incur a charge which our service centre can provide a quote for following assessment.

My response:

Thank you for the prompt response but I am disappointed that you are repeating the response I was given on the phone.  The player has been working without any issues for 9 years now and suddenly this week it starts to reboot.  At the same time around the world many Samsung players do the same thing.  This is not a coincidence.

Samsungs response:

I appreciate the coincidence, however our AV department have taken this issue under investigation and found that this is only affecting products manufactured in 2015, where your system was manufactured in 2011. As such, it would not be possible for the issues to be the same.

Coincidence?  I don't think so.  Anyone else on here have systems not manufacured in 2015?

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

I am in the UK and my free collect and repair has been approved via Samsung chat.

The following magic words worked for me:

<send link to this thread>

I am told that I should contact Samsung support via chat and ask for a free collect and repair; that is what is being offered to other UK customers who have experienced this same fault.

which elicited the response:

Yes sorry about that, Samsung is aware of an issue affecting a small number of devices causing them to be continuously rebooting. If we recognise your model as one that is potentially affected then we are happy to offer a Free of Charge repair to rectify this issue only, once confirmed by our nominated Authorised Service Centre.

The very polite support staffer took my address and phone number, and the Serial Number from the sticker on the back of the unit.  I am to expect a call within 24 - 48 hours to arrange the pickup.  I was also warned that if there was anything else wrong with it that further work would be chargeable, but that's fine because there isn't.  No warranty quibbles were raised at all.

I've also had a couple of polite "We are working on it" responses after emailing head office, who have said that they are also "liasing with their global HQ to test and provide a solution through a further update", so perhaps if you are more patient than me they might fix it remotely; I'm not convinced that's going to be possible unless the a) update can be delivered on standby, and also b) the Reset that many of us have done does not destroy network settings.

I know some people have been dissatisfied with the lack of public statement on this from Samsung, which has been frustrating, but in fairness to them, every time I've asked if I can quote them on this thread they have said yes, and if it is affecting a small fraction of the units then perhaps the lack of public statement is appropriate, even though a small fraction works out at a large number of people, as they probably don't want to worry/inconvenience the much larger number of people whose units are working.

Really all we can expect is that they fix it for free and it does look like that is happening.

I do hope that other people around the world who have been experiencing this issue get a similar level of service soon.

bigblueamazon
Explorer
Options

Yes, mine - probably manufactured in 2014, although I've not checked because until Samsung stops playing this game of "if we identify it as an affected model", I'm not putting any more time into thinking they might actually do something FOC for everyone who doesn't have an HT-J4500 or very similar. I haven't come across anyone else who has experienced the same issue which has affected my model (BD-H6500), so I'm 99% sure Samsung will say it's not on their list. 
Good luck everyone.

0 Likes