Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Gruff
Explorer
Options

@Losch wrote:

The HT-J4200 Series works... 🤔

My HT J4200 is affected by this problem. Is yours still working OK? 

scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@Losch wrote:

The HT-J4200 Series works... 🤔

Whilst connected to the internet?

0 Likes
SuperC
Apprentice
Options

Do you have it set to automatically update it's firmware?

I would disable it for the time being. Just in case.

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20200620-124414_Chrome.jpg

i see 2 hours ago you told us iys not working and now its working ....

0 Likes
Losch
Journeyman
Options
Still working, no problems...
0 Likes
Losch
Journeyman
Options
It is connected, can choose menu and settings... But you know it's only the 2.1 System...
Losch
Journeyman
Options
The J4500 is still not working... The J4200 (only 2.1 System) does...
AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options

HT-J4500 cycling since last week in Amsterdam Nl.

Was working fine b4 on latest firmware.

Just all of a sudden sw and hw are cycling. Opened the box, which was quite clean checked connectors and motherboard for anything odd, nothing. Used compressed air to take out the little amount of dust, mainly around the ventilator. Reconnected problem persist also after standby reset with 5  or 8 from remote.

Given the 23 pages of complaints all recent, must be a collective problem. Given the we are working on it attitude from Samsung and not even direct to this forum it looks like we will all not be contributing to the sustainability of this planet with our Samsung EOL Home cinema units. Been here b4 with other Samsung products not very hopeful. Hope to be proven wrong this time.

Losch
Journeyman
Options
I tried to get an update... No Chance, the latest update is installed... And it works...
AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options
Even with an update it's not gonna work. You can't access the menu. The thing needs a hard reset.