Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
dlr188
Apprentice
Options

Mine got repaired by Samsung however when I got it back not only was it beat up and scratched like crazy but it also didn't work because somehow the fan inside was broken causing an error message. After 2 months of back and forth with Samsung they finally replaced the unit with a new soundbar and sub. 

0 Likes
BlahBlah2
First Poster
Options

Ahh so the issue still goes on then as didn't know if the latest 2017 firmware they have works or if it is this that break the device

I believe last firmware was ver 1017.3

0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

I am convinced that it was that firmware update that started all this nonsense!!  And instead of having their programmers rewrite and correct the matter and advise its customers about this to help everyone resolve this more smoothly, they pretty much abandoned any responsibility to their customers.  IOW they don’t seem to have really cared.  No more Samsung products for me. 

0 Likes
TonyJabb
Journeyman
Options

NO way this is still going on and the topic header is on RESOLVED, my appliances still broken we went to Samsung multiple times they said they are still waiting for Samsung to say it is a bug. and this is since -2019, what we have done, we stopped buying Samsung devices, Phones, Home devices, computer devices. Because if this is their professional response then we need a company who can hold responsible of their devices.

0 Likes
TomBab
Student
Options

I sent my bootlooping unit to authorized Samsung repair center and they said they'll try to reflash firmware for free. That failed and they said that there's no mainboards for this model anymore so they can't do anything and offered to dispose it for free. What a lovely Samsung experience, never going to buy their self-destructing products again.

0 Likes
Members_OUDxvoY
First Poster
Options

Hi,

is this solutions still working? I'm able to stop the reboot loop but after unplugging, wait and plugigng power again it starts looping again.

if block the loop with switch no options is available pressing function.

ANyone lese managed to fix this?

thank you

0 Likes
John024
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a Samsung blu-ray player type :  HT-H5200   and he also doesn't work. I can play DVD's but not blu-rays . What to do ?

Thanks anyway, John024

0 Likes