Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 02:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

Go to solution
1,076 REPLIES 1,076
JohnnyH80
Student
Options

Great that this has been posted...

Mine was working fine this morning and then come home from work and does exactly as original poster.  Thought it finally given gost up. Hope an update from samsung. 

PeteO
Journeyman
Options
Samsung posts older versions of the their firmware on their web site. I'm going to try that via the USB when I get home tonight, although the cycling may prevent that.
MisterK1
Explorer
Options

I tried putting it on a USB stick and plugging it in, but you have to go to the Settings menu to apply the update, which you can't do because it cycles too quickly 😞

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

I just also tried their Email the CEO link.  That goes through to the head of Samsung UK and Ireland.  Perhaps you might like to try it in the US too?

lg13mza
Journeyman
Options

Probably covid related.  We probably just need to swill them out with disinfectant.🤣

MisterK1
Explorer
Options

Inject it with bleach? I tried opening it to get sunlight inside the body but it didn't help 😂😂😂

PeteO
Journeyman
Options

Ha.  I get directed to a live chat here.  Once I'm done filling out the prechat stuff and then typing in my message, they autoresponse kicks in and tells me that they are too busy to respond right now.  How ridculous is that?

MisterK1
Explorer
Options
I get the same thing
Jay86
Explorer
Options

Hey there people, I am from Canada. It's hot days. No thunderstorms nothing else. Was working absolutely fine yesterday and when I turned it on today it is turning on and quickly off and on again. Tried RESET. Tried calling Samsung. They just said take it to repair center something needs to be checked by technician. Called the repair center, they said it wouldn't worth even trying repair . Please let us know if anyone finds the solution. It's so irritating

JohnnyH80
Student
Options

Yes it cant just stop working... working fine once and then starts doing this and we all report on the same day!