Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 03:40 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Alek2
First Poster
Options
Great
0 Likes
Erdogan01
First Poster
Options

Merhaba hocam. Hangi servisle irtibat kurdunuz telefonunu verebilirmisiniz?

0 Likes
mmgabel
Student
Options

My unit started doing this again 2 days ago (July 16th, 2021). Anyone else?

Had it fixed last year by a service center. 

Animal66
First Poster
Options

Yes, mine started doing the same at almost the same time. Middle oj July 2021. Samsung does not want to repair anymore.

0 Likes
TomBab
Student
Options

0 Likes
TomBab
Student
Options

My HT-J5500 started doing this last week and authorized service center hasn't answered my email about this problem. I doubt that they want to fix this for free. I attempted fix mentioned on page 103 in this thread where 2 points on the mainboard needed to be connected at precise moment but failed. I managed to stop reboot loop but as fix instructions told to unplug power cord and put it back after 5 seconds or more reboot loop always came back. When reboot loop was stopped at main menu I was able to move selection using remote but nothing worked. Pressing OK didn't do anything and I wasn't able to get to settings menu. I felt like I was so close fixing it but I don't know if my timing was off or if it's simply impossible to fix this using that trick. Has anyone else tried it? Nothing to lose I suppose.

0 Likes
BlahBlah2
First Poster
Options

Is this issue fixed now or still ongoing and people have just given up on the issues?

0 Likes
Gruff
Explorer
Options
Hi, mine got fixed at Samsung's expense.
0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

I had mine repaired by an authorized Samsung repair shop at their expense, including shipping and handling.  It has worked since and I just won’t do a firmware update on this device ever again.  Sadly, Samsung Canada (or elsewhere) isn’t prepared to preemptively declare this problem and offer support, instead they laid low and waited for people to come forward.  The main reason I have chosen non-Samsung brands going forward. 

0 Likes
Jay86
Explorer
Options

Mine too got repaired by scam-sung. They did not acknowledge their mistake but informed me it was a "onetime goodwill gesture" . I got it back after repair and I turned off the auto update however, it broke again because I had the ethernet cable connected. I unplug it reboot it many times to finally got it working again. 

I was curious to see if the ethernet cable actually caused the problem again, so I hooked it again with the ethernet cable and to my surprise it broke again. So I did the same thing unplug it from ethernet and power rest it until it cooled down and then restart it. It took several days before I get it back working again. So finally I decided never to hook it up with ethernet- essentially making it useless. I decided NEVER to buy scam-sung again. I have S0NY at my parents' home since last 15 years and never had any issue. Not acknowledging their mistake 8s bad customer service and making faulty devices are the grave mistake. Bye bye scam-sung

0 Likes