Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 02-08-2020 12:04 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

03C1B91E-9440-47A5-8A75-AE3366D99EF1.jpeg

After 3 weeks from the initial web chat received it back.  This is the description of what they did to repair it (Canada)

it was in as good as new condition as when I sent it (all FOC except the packing box and bubble wrap $$$!! to ship it out via FedEx)

Fully functional.  Three weeks is a long time. Our vizio tv has no speakers and this entertainment system is my entire media centre access (YouTube, Netflix)

Still feeling stung by Samsung.  No public announcements about this nor an apology.  If it wasn’t for this forum I would have paid for the repair or more likely tossed this out and bought something new.  Bad Samsung for causing this whole problem in the first place. 
I’ll think twice before choosing ANY Samsung product again in the future.  “Once bitten, twice shy... “

0 Likes
artmanjohn
Explorer
Options

Please, will someone post if they connected to the internet safely on their player! No one is saying if it's happening again or not! Is it safe to hook up player to internet after repair? Most important result and no one is posting! Thanks

Options
I love you
0 Likes
Options
lews Rees rep
0 Likes
bush420
Apprentice
Options

You should be the one to do it 

0 Likes
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

I have taken the plunge, mine is connected up, exactly as it was before the fault, no problems to report. All working as it should. 

MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

I reconnected to the internet - only way to use the smart features for me like Netflix and YouTube.  It’s been fine so far 

0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

Ok, so maybe I spoke too soon.  I sent my unit in to Samsung as previously described and got it back and it worked fine... up until this last Monday. A whole 4 days whoopdeedoo
Now the cooling fan is running at full speed and cycling off and on the the entire unit just won’t power up.  I unplugged it and will let it cool down and I’ll try to power it back up later and try a reset again.  I’m worried this could become a fire hazard.  
This is very disappointing to say the least.  I will contact Samsung support again but if I don’t get any help or satisfaction then this thing is going in the garbage and I’ll turn to an entirely new product (non-Samsung!!).  

MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

And for the record I did have the internet connected again to this unit.  I smell a rat...

0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

2DC1A8AA-6D63-4D1B-B67B-D4FE86F8FE78.png

 hmmmm - has Samsung abandoned this product now?  I will call their voice help line when they open today. 

0 Likes