Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 24-07-2020 07:53 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Giovanni959
Explorer
Options

@dlr188 wrote:
Very unhappy with the repair experience, not only did they return the unit all scratched up with 2 large cracks on the front but it isn't even functioning. All I get now when I turn it on is an error message that reads "FAN NG" and then it shuts off. What a joke. When I sent it in it was in spotless condition, I still had the protective film that came on it when I bought it in place. I've reached out on chat and issue has been escalated, I'll supposedly be contacted with a resolution in the next day or two.

Hi,

The Fan NG problem is not a big deal, I had it a year ago. You can simply fix it yourself.

Basically the fan does not work and your device won't cool. What you have to do is buy a new fan (it costed me something like 29€) and replace it.

It's pretty simple, you can find videos on youtube on how to do it.

That being said, I understand that's not the way how a repair supposed to be. But if you don't want to wait more time I suggest to repair it yourself.

0 Likes
artmanjohn
Explorer
Options

Blu-Rays in the United States are region "A" and can only be played on US players, plus Canada. In the UK, Europe, Japan, etc. the other regions are "B" and "C". Most 3D movies these days come from outside the US, they are really pushing 4K here in US now. So a lot of the 3D movies I buy come from outside of US, although some disk are region free themselves, but most 3D movies come from outside of the US.

0 Likes
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

I first talked to Samsung UK customer service live chat. He said that this fault should be remedied and I should send the device to them.

I wrote the turkey told me to mention it to communicate with samsung turkey.

Whereupon I called customer service again samsung turkey.

the person I contacted stated that they received information about this subject 1 week ago and the device will be repaired free of charge.

led me to the fault log. samsung authorized service will arrive tomorrow SAMSUNG HT-J4550 / TK

Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

Update from Romania J4500: After emailing Top Management (as Chat Support were unaware of any issue one week after it had happened and were sticking to paid repair) and confirming the free of charge fix, I took it to their service myself on July 2, and only Friday, Jul 24 (meh... only 3 weeks later...), did I get their text that it was fixed and that I go and collect it. In the meanwhile, the case status on the service site only said the unit was pending repair and they'd ordered the replacement parts required. Anyhoo, I picked it up today, just set it up and, thankfully, the living room TV (Sam 55RU7372) picked the sound up in Digital In mode instantly, whilst the other modes seem to be responding normally too. So, one month and a half or so later, it's EVENTUALLY DONE AND DUSTED! Keep patient and keep pushing them and it will be sorted out. Good luck, folks!

0 Likes
Jay86
Explorer
Options

New issue¡!!!!!!

After I got my player HT-J4500 repaired and back on Saturday evening, it has developed a new issue now. 

When I turn it on, it says 

Hello

BD/DVD 

LOAD

And then

STOP

There is NO display on tv. Tv keeps on showing NO SIGNAL. 

Even Function key doesn't work and there is nothing much I can do. It DOES NOT SOLVE EVEN AFTER "RESETTING" 

SAMSUNG is selling cheap items to fix the issue so that customers have to run back to them again?

0 Likes
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Today I finally received my player back from Repairtech today. There service was really good considering. I will never knowingly buy another Samsung product again though, as their complete lack of support, until enough of us got together to force the issue. I’m still really angry and disappointed that Samsung haven’t made any official statement or apologised. 

0 Likes
mgomezb
Student
Options

desde Chile, hace una semana me regresaron mi equipo, el cual se reparó completamente y no presenta fallos.

teniendo en cuenta lo anterior, y el soporte prestado por samsung, vuelvo a comprar productos LG.

0 Likes
mahmoudemad
Apprentice
Options

Every one can try this at home

but it take long time if time out 

5EDCDA59-14AE-46F6-A50C-6AE74C301D54.jpeg

E158B418-857D-4EE3-82E4-83C486198063.jpeg

Mrlovkim
Journeyman
Options

they are holding my repaired player now a month, because its an American model I have in the Netherlands. I have a feeling they are going to try to charge me.

0 Likes
garyw
First Poster
Options

Samsung UK collected and repaired FOC my BD-J5900 with the boot loop problem. Took about 2 weeks from initial live chat with them to return repaired.

0 Likes