Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 03:47 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
koolmobile
First Poster
Options

Samsung Pakistan charged me 11000 PKR to replace motherboard of my HT-J5550WK inorder to fix this issue

0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

@koolmobile wrote:

Samsung Pakistan charged me 11000 PKR to replace motherboard of my HT-J5550WK inorder to fix this issue

Hmmmm - not sure what the conversion is to CDN/USD but regardless, if that were the case for me here I'd be tossing it in the garbage and never returning to a Samsung product again.  

0 Likes
Isolina
First Poster
Options
Any update? I'm in Toronto, I've waiting for an update or something to fix this issue, but nothing still. Please advise.
0 Likes
Murph264
Journeyman
Options

Isolina, immin PEI and my player was sent to Samsung Service Centre , Elink Electronics in Markham, ON - they received it July 6th - 2 weeks tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from them. I’ve left the 2 voice messages. And I’ve live chat with Samsung last week and they said to give it another week. So I’m going to follow up with Samsung about the 22nd if I don’t here back from Elink. Samsung said they are paying for the shipping and repair. 

0 Likes
Trinderbox
Explorer
Options

Dear Everybody.

I have finally found an explanation as to why our Blu-rays & Home theatre systems have been boot-looping all this while.

See the newlink article below:

https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/18/samsung_bluray_mass_dieoff_explained/

So why didn't Samsung tell us.......

My HT-J4530 is repaired (apparently) and I'm waiting for redelivery. Like everyone else I shall be glad when it's all over.

Then there's Covid which remains ongoing....

Best of Luck everybody, if you are still waiting for an over the web fix - DON'T!

Get in touch with Samsung for your repair - it seems that physical off-site repair really is the only way .

Unless, of course, you are an electronics engineer.

MuratD
Apprentice
Options
Thank you Trinderbox,
At least, we know what happened now. It's a silly XML file that was not checked by Samsung engineers properly. It's Samsung's fault. And they are apparently taking care of the issue for free for the costumers.
This very simple bug caused lots of trouble, waste of time and effort for many people.
I hope everybody gets their system repaired soon. BTW: It is very nice system, it's sound, it's price, it's functionality is wonderful. TV speakers suck!
0 Likes
Trinderbox
Explorer
Options

With apologies to Springsteen....

Borked in the RSK....

and the whole world over for that matter.

A pair of old Logitech computer speakers plugged into the headphone jack has been less 'sucky' than the Samsung TV speakers. Looking forward to getting it back tomorrow!

0 Likes
pwe
Apprentice
Options
Hi all,

from belgium.
Received my HT-J4530 friday the 17th from Servilux. Works great again, 10 days after repair request. Nothing to pay.
So happy, but disappointed by Samsung no-communication!
0 Likes
Pieter1975
Journeyman
Options

Took my device in for repairs today in Pretoria at PMC Electronics.

Received my jobcard and was told by reception person (Wendy) that they have had to repair quite a few of these devices at no charge to the client.

Will see what transpires.

0 Likes
RudyHamann
Apprentice
Options

I Contacted Samsung South Africa on 29 June regarding the problem with my HT-J5500K and they confirmed knowledge of the problem.

They gave me a reference number and gave me a few Samsung Approved Repair Station options and was instructed to take the HT into one of them.

I chose MM ALL ELECTRONICS in Johannesburg and personally delivered it to them.  They received it and informed me that they would advise me of progress.

Having received no reply on 9 July I contacted MM ALL ELECTRONICS and was informed that they were waiting for instructions from Samsung but in order to ensure a smooth process I was to supply the original Purchase Receipt.  Amazingly I located it (purchase date 23 October 2015) still attached to the original warranty card and emailed it the same day to the Repair Agent who acknowledged receipt.

Having received no further information by 17 July I again contacted MM ALL ELECTRONICS and was advised that repair was in process and that I would receive a phone call from them by Monday 19 July (today).  At close of business I have still not heard from them.  I will phone them again tomorrow!

0 Likes