Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 04:06 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options
service for motherboard replacement charges 88.52 Euro.A voice came out about it from the samsung turkey.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MvjyolCKdzQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
0 Likes
Retro
Explorer
Options

I finally got mine back yesterday in the biggest box they could find apparently 🙄. Plugged it in (did pause when I got to the ethernet cable but thought "surely they've taken the dodgy update down" and plugged it in). All working. Delighted to finally have it back and operational. 

It took longer than it should have to get Samsung to admit to a problem, unfortunate that Repairtech use DPD (still mostly the most dreaded courier if you live in the Highlands) but after it's finally resolved.  I just hope that they sort this out globally and nothing like this ever happens again. 

Samsung "customer service" leaves a lot to be desired and customer loyalty is something they obviously don't care about, when it absolutely should be their focus when they have the market share they have in so many areas. If all their loyal customers dumped them tomorrow, they wouldn't be around for long, they need to remember that. The best/worst PR for any company is word of mouth.

PatBoySlim
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and it's just been returned to me after repair...all seemed ok but cannot get the TV remote to operate the surround sound....when I turn the TV off the HT-J4530 stays on...when I turn the TV on the HT-J4530 doesn't turn on...the sound seems to be independent...when I set the TV to optical speakers And try to operate the sound I get this circle icon with what looks like 2 phono cables..any ideas ?

0 Likes
LeoV
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung is working again. I just got him back.

AVatUK
Apprentice
Options

@Retro

Hi, Retro! Do I need to include remote control and power cable with the Blu-Ray player or just send the player along to  Repairtech?

What did you enclose in the package with the player?

I'm in the UK, too. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
PatBoySlim
First Poster
Options

Just the unit needs to be sent back...no power cable or remote.DPD collected mine..you do have to securely package it though 

0 Likes
4AJ
First Poster
Options

Hi 'guys',

I struggled as well with this issue. 

After reading a lot of your messages, dropped in somewhere around 'page 27', I contacted Samsung Support via What's App.

We had nice conversations and they helped me well. 

They asked me to provide my details and forwarded it to a repairer.
The repairer contacted me and arranged for the device to be picked up, repaired and returned (today).
Now it is 'running' again, without internet (for now).
The invoice stated: 'guarantee'.

I am very pleased how this is resolved.

BTW I live in the Netherlands.  🙂

MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

@PatBoySlim wrote:

Just the unit needs to be sent back...no power cable or remote.DPD collected mine..you do have to securely package it though 

Here in Canada they did ask for the remote but not any other cables...  but follow whatever instructions your region gives.  Good luck!  I'll track my parcel (FedEx) later today and check the status of my Samsung ticket as well.  Hoping they can fix and turn around my unit quickly 

0 Likes
Taralah
First Poster
Options

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.  I just spoke with Samsung mentioning the world wide problem and now have my mailing label ready to be printed out.  I too was ready to thrown my HT-J4500 in the trash.  

0 Likes