Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 13-07-2020 07:18 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Nara1
Student
Options

I have the sdame issue. My HT-J5500W cycling on and off.

I am in Newjersey, USA. 

is there a solution to this?

0 Likes
Trevor1979
Journeyman
Options
Yes, if it is the same issue. Contact Samsung directly with your devices details to arrange your free repair.
0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

Yes, that's a good question about plugging it back into the Ethernet.  If it was a faulty firmware upgrade that caused this then I'd prefer to do any future upgrades myself and not have them be pushed automatically by Samsung. 

0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

Thank you for this post... had it not been for this and the threads of others I wouldn't have known what to do other than throw this in the dumpster.  
I contacted Samsung Canada yesterday (Saturday) and had a live chat with a guy who initially instructed me to do things like unplug and wait etc.  I explained what I had done and that I was aware of this issue being a worldwide one - thanks to this forum.  
He took me more seriously then and said a shipping label is being emailed to me and they and the repair will be FOC.  Still waiting for the shipping label... I'll weigh back in when this gets resolved.  Until then Samsung has gone to the bottom of my list for any future products 

0 Likes
Giovanni959
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I m sitll waiting to get my device back. They said that they will downgrade the firmware back to previuos version. 

I asked samsung if it was safe to plug the ethernet back in once it was returned, the replied that the bad update is now taken down and there will be no problem.

AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options

Netherlands. Ht-j4500 received it back from repairs. Works fine again. After setup routine seems faster. Menu's look different from what i remember. Even Youtube and Netflix work. Never use that coz i have a recent smart tv but anyway quite surprising this ancient system is still able to stream these services.

Ok it took some aggravation but in the end Samsung took its responsibility.

Thanks Samsung NL and CE-repair.

Nara1
Student
Options

Hi Giovanni,

The issue is still very much there.

It still keeps cycling on & off. The downgrade they are talking about , either they have not performed downgrade yet or it has not resolved the issue.

CJM13
Explorer
Options

My unit was picked up for repair and it seems DPD have lost it, you couldnt make it up could ya.

0 Likes
Laceman
Student
Options

I had an update from Repairtech UK Ltd today notifying me that my blu-ray is repaired. They replaced the PCB. 
Already had notification from DPD that it will be back with me tomorrow.

All in all about an 8/9 working day turnaround which is I think pretty good for a free, out of warranty repair (even though it is their fault). 
Fingers crossed that all will be well when it gets back. 
Thank you to the OP, would have probably binned the player without you raising the issue so much obliged.

I'll probably give a final update once I'm back up and running. 
Good luck to all! 

0 Likes
MarkyinToronto
Explorer
Options

I got this response from Samsung Canada yesterday (Monday).  I had already contacted a chat agent to get my shipping label and the device should be at the repair Center now.  Note #7, that they ask for a picture of the receipt.  After 5 years??  I don't have / didn't send but I still managed to get my unit to them without question. Hoping for a quick turnaround:

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Canada customer Care.
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. I will certainly assist you with the information to get the player up and running.
It seems that something unexpected has happened during the communication between the BDP and the Application servers.
We would like to offer free one time warranty for the player to get it serviced at Samsung authorized service center. We request you to contact us again via chat support with the below details so that we can help you file a ticket:

1. Full name
2. Email address
3. Contact Number(Home and Phone)
4. Complete address with postal code
5. Model and serial number of the player
6. Place and date of purchase
7. Picture of the purchase receipt.

Use the reference #xxxxxxxxxx when you contact us. We are looking forward to your response. We are looking forward to your response.
For quick assistance on this case, please text to WECARE (932273) or Please click here to speak to a live chat agent.

Thank you for being a valued Samsung Customer."

0 Likes