Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 08:22 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
ok so after posting and checking e-mails. I got confirmation of receipt, and that my device was on the dock to get picked up and shipped out, last night. Still need to track and follow up. Still no list of what they did to my device, so there is that k folk follow up to be posted .
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

0 Likes
Rob150505
Student
Options

Hello

I am in France with 2 5500s. 

Initially the helpline was useless and told us to take the units 1 and a  half hours away for repair at my cost! So I tried again after a week and received a similar responce. After seeing on the Samsung Community how to email the CEO I did and within a few hours received a call saying that they would carry out a repair free of charge. I insisted that as in the UK and US repairs were being carried out free I should not have to pay.

After a cople more calls they agreed and sent the postage label although this was for 1KG with the package actually weighing nearly 5KG. La Poste didnt't ask for any extra money.

After a week I have had a note of receipt so I am waiting;

Stangely I have just received 2 emails from Samsung, one replying to my 'chat' 3 weeks ago and saying that I can have a free repair and the other asking for a review of their service. I'm going to wait awhile before replying to this!

0 Likes
Rlbnll89
Student
Options

Got an email from Samsung acknowledging they received my system and will be working on it.  They said it can be repaired within 7 days

so I'd say I'm looking at maybe two week turn around time by the time I get it back 

not too bad 

hopefully it's fixed for good 

the next question becomes 

do I plug it back into the Ethernet or just use the smart tv for the apps

Trevor1979
Journeyman
Options

@Anonymous User. So it has been a week since taking the device in for repairs to the service centre arranged through Samsung SA. Got a call from Samsung this morning informing me to hold onto the device since they do not know how to repair it yet. When querying further this is what the caller informed me:

1) They don't have parts in our region (South Africa) to do any repairs as the devices have been discontinued.

2) They are waiting for more information from their head office as to how to proceed.

3) They don't know when they will have feedback.

Thanks for the call Samsung. Although, I must admit you are not changing my mind that you're treating customers outside of the UK and USA differently to the rest of the world and that our business are worth less to you.

turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

I am writing from Turkey

High warranty is demanded by the motherboard failure in Samsung services for the devices whose warranty is out of order

I think the problem is the software update in the background, except our request.

Samsung has no choice but to update devices worldwide with the same status.

0 Likes
CSBrennan
Apprentice
Options

Hi again

I just wanted to thank you for this forum & everyones help getting this issue sorted.

My bluray has now been repaired (PCB replaced) and returned FOC. (UK)

Fired it up & all good so far

Hoping you all get a positive response from Samsung.

👍

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear, @CSBrennan! Thanks for letting us know!

Loftysdad
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, J4500 is back up and running. Thanks to all on here, and to Samsung UK, Repairtech for the quick turnaround and DPD for the speedy delivery. I don't know exactly what was done to repair the machine but the software version is showing as 1017.3

It has taken 12 days from initial contact with Samsung to having the unit back and plugged in. So not bad really, it could have been worse as it's way out of warranty, had it not been for this forum it could have gone straight in the bin! 

Georgey
Pioneer
Options

Hello

I have an HT-J5550w/xu, start rebutting on the 17th/06  like everyone else.

Last week I talked with Samsung end they send me a  ticket for repair (free). I send it on 01/07/2020 an I receive the DVD today( 11/07/2020) and everything works perfectly.

I'm from Reading, UK.