Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 07:08 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options
The models sold in Turkey
-Samsung HT-J4550
-Samsung HT-J5150
-Samsung HT-J7750W

after that my choice will not be samsung
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
ok so got another e-mail device has been fixed and will ship today. Work order did not list the problems or what they did to it. So thee is thank Thank you Samsung for caring.
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options
signature campaign has started on this change.org
0 Likes
Brian85
Journeyman
Options

Just to update on status

3rd-party Samsung repair contractor picked up the device early last week. No word since.

I contacted them today - Samsung have a software fix that needs to be installed in a repair centre. Samsung haven't sent the software update to all of their 3rd-party contractors yet. Hoping to have it resolved in next 2-3 days

0 Likes
FunkyGibbon74
Journeyman
Options

Hi all

I have just got my HT-J5550W returned back to me

Before plugging it in I went on live chat again to ask a couple of questions

1: Can you assure me it is safe to reconnect said unit to the internet again

Reply: Yes

2: Can you enlighten me to what the problem was that caused such an issue as repairtech seems to of sent out a generic report to all those affected

Reply: Software issue

3:Can you explain more what the software issue was

Reply: Software issue

4: How comes Samsung have not made a statement anywhere or even apologised to consumers

Reply: We gave you a free repair

Anyhows I need to go setup my levels, speaker distance and reconnect to the internet now. I hope everyone has a good result. I am still very dubious of buying any more products. Shame because they have always been a good brand and the tech is pretty good in my eyes

Will be testing with the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan and a quick half hour of Led Zepellin before the MRS gets home

What is your fav film for surrond sound enjoyment?

Good luck all 

Krisb60
Explorer
Options
Top Gun opening sequence is pretty awesome at full volume lol
Krisb60
Explorer
Options
In terms of surround Mad Max Fury Road is incredible
Krisb60
Explorer
Options

My HT-J5500 was returned today and is working perfectly. I will not connect it to any network - no need as I only use it for 5.1 and blu-ray.

Very happy with the service by RepairTech UK - fairly quick turnaround and always keeping me up-to-date.

Hopefully my experience will be shared by many of you. Whilst Samsung are seemingly not communicating the details of the cause of what has been a world-wide issue, at least they are proceeding with free repairs and setting a precedent for everyone to get their issues resolved.

This forum has been very good in "spreading the word" and I thank the many contributors.

Nellie100
Apprentice
Options

Just to finish off my contribution. My HT-J4500 was returned yesterday in full working order from Repairtech in the UK. The note said that a PCB had been replaced. I do have mine connected to the Internet now because he gets used for streaming services, but I hope that won't come at great cost to me! I haven't spent any money on sorting this out, Samsung paid for everything. I got my sorted by filling in the Contact the CEO page on Samsung's UK website. It got quite quick results. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site. It was very reassuring to know that I wasn't the only one, and that I hadn't done anything wrong. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and please don't give up. Samsung broke your machine, so Samsung should fix it. For free. Ta. 

rgb1
First Poster
Options

We have a Samsung blu-ray player BD-J5500E about 4 years old, which developed exactly the same problem (constantly switching on and off) on about 25/6/20. Tried everything to fix it, no joy. On the US forum it seemed like hundereds of people had the same problem with a variety of models at about the same time. We contacted Samsung Switzerland on 1/7/20, they replied within 24 hours had their repair contractor send us prepaid postage label, we sent the player in (without accessories) and within 3 days got the player back fixed. All completely free, not even postage, very satisfied.