Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 09:40 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

Can the device be recovered by sending the software while it is in standby?

0 Likes
Nelusl
First Poster
Options
Dear friend, do you know how they repair your unit. Software update or pcb replace?
0 Likes
hdano
Journeyman
Options

Those of U who have devices fixed back, can you please check the sw version ?

I would like to know, if they flashed back some old dated firmware and switched off the auto update server, or if they compiled some new sw with fix.

Thx

0 Likes
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options
said the service tests are done, motherboard failure.
0 Likes
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

The service requires EUR 88,5960 for motherboard replacement.  I still think that the malfunction was caused by the software update. I hope that Samsung will install software in standby mode on devices with this problem.

0 Likes
Krisb60
Explorer
Options
@turkey-67
What model is your device?
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

Yes, Thank you scotchbaz. 

If you did not post as fast as you did and keep up withthe issue we all would not know what to do about a possessed dvd player. Again thank you

0 Likes
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

HT -J4550/TK

Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I knew it! Recieved an e-mail from Service Center stating that they have not recieved my unit, LMAO! Called Samsung 1800# and spoke to "PRO"(Paul) again scripts are used but could not think outside the box. Anywho checked USP tracking and it staes they recieved it on JUly7th and signed for it. E-mail said no. LOL Paul was befuddled that they sent e-mail when clearly he saw tracking comfirmation that stated otherwise. He will make a note to it asking why. Again LMAO. Asked for Cristine but he could not transfere me to her...sadly.  To bad I can not call directly to service center, because I don't know where to call in New Jersey, USA.  GOOD GREIF!  I may need to pay Lucy a nickle for counsiling. LMAO.  What would happen if they did lose it? There are no more Samsung DVDs to but.LMAO OK Will keep you posted      Thanks scotchbas

Krisb60
Explorer
Options
@turkey-67 I believe there are contributors on here with J4500, J5500 whose units have been repaired by software/firmware update (at zero cost to us) so surprised yours is not as straightforward!
0 Likes