Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 06:06 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Fernandito
Pioneer
Options

here in Latin America we are still naked like the Indians ... they say they are still working on the solution ... the support is a disaster.

0 Likes
phils2
Apprentice
Options

UK - 4500 received back from Repairtech today (about a week turnaround) and it works perfectly. I will still not buy Samsung again until and unless they make a public statement about this fiasco. They still obviously think that if they stay quiet and fix a few units the 99% of other victims will just dump their faulty unit and buy new. Disgraceful behaviour.

turkey-67
Journeyman
Options

İ live in zonguldak(Turkey).
Samsung HT -J4550 TK Loop
I have the same problem on my device. The device is waiting to be done in the service.
how does my device crash when updates are off.
Although I reset it from the remote control, the main menu and the Samsung logo keep on rotating.
how to solve the problem.?

sorry for my bad english
0 Likes
MookytheMooch
Journeyman
Options

Word brothers and sisters, 

I first posted on here back around page 60 something. Long story short: from the uk,  system started looping, I tried fixing it and broke the external housing in the process because I full-on had no clue what i was doing. (Thought i was just unlucky, not a worldwide Samsung boo-boo) 

Joined this thread, had chatty-chat with a samsungbot, arranged collection, they then contacted me like'bro, your system is more broke than it should be' and muttered something about it being out of warranty..

I told them: my bad. Ignore the cosmetics and please fix the firmware? 

Heard nothing for a week, chased them up this morning and got this bad boy in return:

Screenshot_20200708-182757.png

Hopefully the working unit will be back on my sweaty hands toot-sweet! 

I'll let you know.... 

0 Likes
turkey-67
Journeyman
Options
My device's warranty has expired. Samsung should offer a free solution to those who have this problem
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

yes they will regardless to warrenty staus they will fix it. Their issue not your or even the device a motherboard issue as many post state. so call them and get your fix-it-ticket. Good luck..dont metion "IT" just follow instructions.

0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

oh dont say that I was hopeing to have controll of future updates , lol Youe english is as good as my spanish and I can understand you, lol any who lets focus on getting device back and see how it works, also mine is in  Samsung service in New jersey so I too amd waiting. LEts cross our fingers and toes. Good that Turkey is getting the fix to.

0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

problem with that is we are telling everyone, lol also they posted somewhere that Samsung is not making dvd players anymore so that alone will give them something to think about(public notice) because we will have to but another brand.

0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

Hi glad your is getting back too you. What do you mean Bluray region? mine is a bluray plaer....good greif more ***** to be hold hahahaha.

0 Likes
Dave-13
Apprentice
Options

Just want to thank scotchbaz for kicking this all off, now with a chat to Samsung and few back and forths thank that it's all been repaired and back home in working order repairtech UK changed the pcb board and tested all ok so stay with it don't know how many they have to repair mine was also out of warranty at the time but the serial number was within the affected group so stay strong and paitent and thanks to Samsung for acknowledgement of the fault