Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 11:26 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Mart702
Apprentice
Options
Krisb60, they collected it from me on the 29th June
anasxda
Apprentice
Options

They just took mine and will send it next Tuesday, apperantly they have no clue on what is going on. I don't know whether samsung send a memo to all their agents or not. But I was informed that I was the fifth client in the city and I should expect a fee after fixing it, but no way I pay any fee. So, now I'll just have to wait.

Saudi Arabia.

0 Likes
mbw68
Student
Options

Hi all, 

First time posting, but have followed this thread from the outset! 
I am in the UK and just thought I'd let fellow uk'ers that my unit was collected by DPD on 30/06/20 has had the appropriate repair by Repairtech and is being delivered tomorrow! 
Without it for 3 weeks but patience has paid off! I did have to chase Samsung via chat after 10 days though to instigate the repair! But Repairtech were very good at communicating updates. 
Hoping everything will be in order tomorrow! 

Rlbnll89
Student
Options

You've gotta send it back in to them to try and fix it. I just sent mine yesterday 

I'd suggest hitting them up via chat. It's a lot faster to connect to an agent because I tried calling and the text option and both options took forever and I never got through to someone 

0 Likes
Krisb60
Explorer
Options
@mbw68 what model please? Mine was collected the same day but still no news!
0 Likes
mbw68
Student
Options
HT-J4500
Fingers crossed for you
thickness
Journeyman
Options

My last update from the Netherlands,

After some contact with Samsung (see my previous posts) finaly send my HT-J4500/EN to Servilux in Arnhem on June 30th.

is was delivered ther July 1st, I got some mail on Juli 3rd (mails doesn't pass thru my anti spam settings), so i called servilux yesterday. Got confirmed that unit was repaired and would be send back.

Just received my unit back, connected it, started it without video output, but with sound.

power cycled it and got back my good old HTS.

Although I purchased mine in 2016 it was repaired under warranty.

According to the Servilux "Service Order" the unit was reset and tested.

Turn around time is about 3 days excluding shipping.

As we say in the Netherlands: Eind goed, al goed.

(if the outcome is good, the road is forgotten).

zhance
Student
Options

Hey guys, UPDATE from Spain. Sending emails didn't work here, so I called Samsung España costumer service center and I was given a number/address where to bring my device for fixing in my city!

after a day my device was fixed, works perfectly, free of charge!
advice: CALL, emailing doesn't work!  

Gilbertoo
Journeyman
Options

I have an HT-J4500/XU and the repair they updated me about today was a new PCB.

0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Hi, you all so some where I tried to post in regards to the "SOLVED" post, but generated another. I did call and they did give me a FIX-IT-TICKET" or rather permission to send in device. Mine went to :
RIVERDALE, NJ 07457 US on July 1st. I got conformation as I am tracking it. since the holiday interrupted speedy service they just got it- July 7th. So now to wait. Have been reading and watching how others are getting ticket, delivery/ pick ups and returns. Everyone must be proactive as one poster stated. It seems if you do not then you will not be notified of free fix. even if you have a extended warranty or not. You have to call it in so that Samsung authorizes the service. Well as Kristine stated they need more information too.(customer service) I posted the ins and outs of that day some where in these treads. I will continue to post my journey and outcome. Spread the word you all call it in. And thank you for yours posts it was up fast hahaha.

0 Likes