Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 06:20 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
If you called Samsung they should do it FREE! they know its heir issue. Besides going to a service center(authorized) without getting a fix-it-ticket from Samsung, yes you will pay. Most ASC know that Samsung will re-pay them. So make sure you go to Samsung first for authorization and not a ASC first. MAny are being subcontracted.
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
WOW! Just WOW! I guess every place has it's choices to act apon an issue that was their own making, huh. Not nice but you gat your fix-it-ticket. Congrats on Pts lol Keep us posted Other peeps around the world are getting no help or the run around. Do Not Pay for service. Besides we heard that web-fix would not work since the loop was to fast.
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Sorry to hear that, best to take it wrapped to DPD station and get a receipt, too. Not everyone is getting a free pick up either so beware. I had OG box and placed bubble wrap and in another box with Ticket number written on outside of it as instructed....Yes read all the instructions! esp all you international peeps
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
ok how do I translate this?! I hope it is sayin that you called got ticket sent and are awating your device to return.
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
I hope they pay and is totally free to you and done right. Good luck keep us informed please
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for keeping us abreast of your device and service. way to go enjoy it. Remove auto update. Just saying
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Turner30 did you have a hard time, easy time. Will it be free service??? Pease let us know Thank you
0 Likes
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

@kloopy wrote:

My blu ray player was returned today after few days getting repaired at Repairtech UK and all is well. The letter said that software and firmware were replaced. Good luck all with yours!

That's absolutely fantastic, did they set your system to not upload 'automatic' updates? Or do we have to do that ourselves?

kkeyser
Apprentice
Options

I have 2 Samsung Blu-Ray players a BD-JM57 and a HT-5500. I'm in the US. It has been going pretty well. Samsung knows they have an issue. I chatted on line told them what was going on, gave them models and serial numbers and  was issued my 2 repair tickets and UPS labels to send them in. Thank you to everyone on this thread so I had all the info I needed. ( Best advice: have you models and serial numbers ready. Paste them in the chat.) I got repair info in 20 minutes. Repair orader and UPS label. I took them to the UPS store and paid for them to box and protect  them. My only instruction was make sure they get to the repair center safely. They both arrived. I have the receipts. I have received 2 messages from the repair center. The BD-JM57 should be back in a week. The HT-5500, I received a phone call today.  The servce center said they are short on parts so the HT may take longer. I'm really ok with that. I just want them to get it here and don't charge me for a repair or shipping back. I think that is all you can expect. If they paid to box your items then good for you. I wasn't comfortable with pickup because I had no original boxes and was afriad they would end up damaged and the issues that would involve so  I took them to the store and let them deal with it.

Turner30
Student
Options

To fine the  right place to help me was hard but when i take the player in at the place the floor was stack with other players so they siad it will take a long time and there story was they must replace te mainboard because the old one cant take the new software

0 Likes