Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 03-07-2020 04:46 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Turner30
Student
Options
Iam also from south africa my went in today at Liptronics Certified Samsung repair centre
0 Likes
MadPat
Explorer
Options
Hi @AVatUK
Mines a bit to old for WiFi, have plugged it back into the router (old fashioned cable thingie 😂)
Streams netflix n prime most happily, all setting cleared out but nothing actually disabled, just had to set up as you would with a new unit
Trevor1979
Journeyman
Options

@Pieter1975 I took mine to PMC Electronics as well. Without getting into to much detail. Samsung SA assured me that they have informed all their service centres about the issue. I informed PMC of this as well and provided them with my reference number from Samsung. PMC said they will reach out to Samsung for more information. 

0 Likes
Rocky897
Apprentice
Options

Deutschland:

1. den Support anschreiben (Telefon hat nicht funktioniert, stundenlange Warteschleife).

1. Antwort vom Support: bitte anrufen. 

2. Support darauf hinweisen, dass Telefon nur Warteschleife bietet und ich damit nicht weiter komme

2. Antwort: ich könne eine E-Mail an Customer Care schreiben, wenn Telefon nicht ginge

3. den Support bitten, den Fall an Customer Care weiterzuleiten

3. Antwort: hier ist ein Link für ein Onlineformlar, Angabe von Adressdaten, Player-Typ und SN.

Formular ausgefüllt, einen Tag später eine E-Mail mit einem Versandlabel bekommen. Player in ein Paket gesteckt, dieser geht heute zur Post. Ich warte nun ab, gehe aber davon aus, dass die Reparatur klappen wird. Es wurde mir schon zugesagt, dass die Reparatur kostenlos sein wird.

Ein Dank an die Personen vom E-Mail-Support: sehr freundlich und professionell. Danke, wird schon!

0 Likes
lg13mza
Journeyman
Options

Just a word of warning for UK people using dpd.  Mine was just collected.  They turned up with incorrect packaging.  I had to cobble it together as best I could and they practically had it out of my hands and were down the road before I'd finished taping it up (they also had no tape).  God knows if it will survive the journey.

0 Likes
Loftysdad
Apprentice
Options
I was advised to package my DVD player securely for DPD to collect in the UK, all they had to do was stick a label on the box when they collected it. This was yesterday 2/7 and all seems to be ok. I can track it on DPD’s site. Fingers crossed it gets fixed. Thanks to all contributors on here that showed the way forward. Will report back when I get the player back.
OluD
Student
Options

Here in Ontario, Canada. Called and spoke to a Samsung Agent on  Friday June 26th. I informed him about free repairs in the UK and US but I was told nothing of the sort in Canada but instead a software was going to sent out via their website. (I did not believe that would work but decided to give them a few days). Called back today Friday July 3rd and told the agent  (more like bluffed) that I heard those affected are getting free repairs. He said that was an option and my warranty would be extended. He transferred me to the dept that deals with that and I was sent an email with a label and instructions to take it to FedEx. I will update as things progress. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this J4500 nightmare :smiling-face:

0 Likes
toprak
First Poster
Options

when I called the service, they told me that they're supposed to change mainboard and I need to pay 750 TRY. they have to solve it free since problem is not a customer error.

0 Likes
kloopy
Apprentice
Options

My blu ray player was returned today after few days getting repaired at Repairtech UK and all is well. The letter said that software and firmware were replaced. Good luck all with yours!

Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

AWESOME! that does give us hope. Way to go Samsung! Let us know if it works the same or better, dare I say broke. lol k Enjoy

0 Likes