Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 03-07-2020 02:33 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
cg15
Apprentice
Options

My HT5500 was picked up yesterday by courier and taken away to be repaired.  Will post again when all functioning again hopefully!!

The unit will be always disconnected from WiFi when I get it back!

Majorproblem
Journeyman
Options
Mine is getting collected tomorrow will keep you posted
0 Likes
Krisb60
Explorer
Options

@MadPat  Great news! Bit worried my J5500 was being inspected on Tuesday afternoon- 48 hours later NOTHING 😫

0 Likes
Murph264
Journeyman
Options

Update for this Canadian Samsung customer:

Connected yesterday, Wednesday, July 1st with James, through Samsung Canada support Chat line.

Samsung Chat Line for Canada:

https://chatbot.samsungcs-canada.com/chatbot?source=dotcom

Did not have to wait very long to get connected and this was yesterday, on a holiday here in Canada (our country’s Birthday), so I thought they would have reduced staff and therefore longer waiting times. So I was very pleased with that.

Before I tried connecting to the chat line, I had written up a little script before just so I could write everything down I wanted to say and not forget anything while I was rushing to type. I just copied and pasted my little script into my chat, once I got connected.

That little chat included my DVD model, the issue (constant reboot loop), when it started, the fact I knew it is a global issue and I also copied/pasted the link to the EU Community chat line to prove it was a known global issue.

So that way when I copied/pasted that note into the chat, everything I wanted to say was there , including the link to the chat room.

With all that information, he transferred me to someone in the TV & Audio support team, which did not take long at all, and when the 2nd agent read my note, he did not even hesitate.

He asked me for the following:

Name

Address

Email

Phone #

Where Purchased

When Purchased

Model #

Serial #

He then advised that he would email me a shipping label (which he did advise may take a couple of hours to receive the email and it did take a couple of hours.

They sent my, by email, shipping label for FedEx and I’m shipping it out tonight, Thursday, July 2nd.

I live in Prince Edward Island and it is shipping to a repair centre in Ontario - a couple of thousand Kilometres away.

I had to ask (so make sure you do as well) if both the shipping and the repair would be free of charge - they are. I asked to make sure they were free of charge but also to get it in writing.

Agent also said that it should take about 7-10 business days from them receiving it.

Hope this helps someone else in Canada. Thank you to all on this chat for the updates and advice. It certainly helped and saved me going out to buy a new system.

I’ll keep you posted on any updates. Thank you.

Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Awesome that is what I did on the 1st of July. My fist contact(I called 1800#) was a bust but I tried again and got Kristine(lovely and polite, no-nonsense lady) did the same thing she sent me my label while still on the fon with me. Sent out my DVD player(Chicago) I live in California. Followed instruction to the T. even put service ticket number on the outside of the box as instructed. I have been posting to others that this is the way to go. Got one person in Ireland; still having issues and waiting. Said to him CALL and get a one time free fix-it-ticket/ shipping label and send right away. Seem that around the world everyone is hearing that Samsung will fix and ship free(one-time) to all customers that call in. There will be no recall or advertising I guess. Good luck looking forward to your net post.
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
hahaha be patient you know how many people have this issue and will send in their devices, lmao. hundreds lol Good luck. We still don't know if they can fix it Either. I have not seen any new post stating they got theirs back and it's not posseted(working) oh and for how long.
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
AWESOME NEWS! This is the first post that someone got back their device. YAY! Please post results so we all know it works, lol Thank you
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Awesome! Make sure you get that in writing by Samsung.
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
No there are many Countries that are sending in their devices via paid shipping by Samsung. Just let them know you know they know, lol facetious but true. Regardless to warranties they will fix it. Call say hi my device is possessed what date it happened and if you are having issues with operator(they are out sourced) remind them that they may not be up to date with the news and ask for supervisor to help. I was quick to let Kristine know that I had tried everything reboot rest ect..I went off script so she had to catch up then stated and informed me that this would be a one time free bee, lol I just saw post of returned item and she will post results of fix, got people in Europe and Latin countries doing the same. And that is the thing....less peeps know less lose for them see spread the word. Samsung trying to make good and there will be no recall.
0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
keep calling Netherlands is getting theirs fixed. Make contact with live person, patients is a virtue in this case as many will be calling. Some are getting door service I had to pay to get door service, chucked that a drove my happy ***** to UPS(apprx. 1mile away)lol now I will begin tracking it.
0 Likes