Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 05:49 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

Hello  MuratD,

Ah but the did find a solution to all our issues. Warenty or not. Just call them and give them all the information they ask: Name, date issue started, time, what occurred when it happend to be possesed, address, a good number to contact you if needed, e-mail address. They will explain lots of stuff ,but by this time you are just glad to have them say we will pay for shipping and repairs(allbeit one time). As we where all waiting for Samsung to inform and recognize the issue, they where trying to figure out how to get everyones issue fixed. This is the best way the can do it.

1. have us call and complain;so they know what the issues is....then wait and begin brain-storming.

2. Have us call and get a fix-it ticket( although they could not do that for only those whom purchased extended warrenties, because the issue went world wide) So they decide to flip the bill in shipping and repair. And hope those would do so.

3. Inform you how lament they are and hope you are still a customer.

All while Not posting clear consice information and exposer to the public. Ok that was just me still being upset I waited about 3 weeks to call and reading posts/blogs and FB. When I read they had a solution and solved the proble. I was cunfussed( i guess I expected them to come to my door or mail me a refund/ cupon to replace or fix it. But ***** they have soooo many peeps also not all are registed even though they/we/I did notpurchase ext. warenty. Seems harsh for the most part , but it is real I got my shipping label Kristine very nice and informative too patient and a counsiler as I was still emotionally charged. But, now on my way to USP to drop off my DVD in a box and then to track progress and wait. Sounds fun huh. ok good luck give them a call be patient as we are all calling and it takes apprx. 30-45 min to process fix-it-ticket. Andnot the call service fault the Samsung could not provides us a quick explaniation nor a resolve. ok done

Buddy21
Pioneer
Options

Hello pierr58,

Issue has a resolve. yes, with that said

1. call and get a fix-it-ticket. I read that Irland is now getting the same(Europe)

2. Answer all questions, inderstand this is a 1x deal...FREE

3. Send your device back and wait. Thank you Good lucl

0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
call and get a fix-it-ticket they pay for it and if you want to arrange a at home pick up that you have to work out with UPS. Good Luck
0 Likes
AVatUK
Apprentice
Options

The same problem with mine J4530 since June 19, 2020.

Anyone in the UK received their unit fixed by Samsung?

0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Solution is to call them and get a fix-it-ticket. Follow and answer question to process faster. They will send you a shipping ticket to send them your device and then send it back free. a one time thing. Don't wait for them to send out a recall or to say anything. this there way of apology since it went world wide. Good Luck Great customer service once they figured out how to get the fix to every one.
mikkilj
Apprentice
Options

You are saying that contact support and they will give you prepayed labels for sending device to repair.

Yes, this looks to work in US and UK. (even no any devices are yet returned...)

But. How about rest of the world. There is life outside of US and UK.

Samsung is not giving Any support in many countries. They just keep us in darkness and say, please wait while our tech team find the solution. And yes, i have tried, every second day. This is just unbelievable how samsung handles situation in different countries. There is no any cordination and communication between support teams. And again, same what may people has said. I can't believe why PR team has not made any public and global announces what is going on and what customers should do.

For me, this just make me more serious that i can not ever again recommend any Samsung product to anyone.

Mrlovkim
Journeyman
Options
Not a solution for us in the Netherlands. Been on the phone. messaged them on Twitter. Samsung is not helping everybody.
0 Likes
LeoV
Apprentice
Options
I'm going to bring mine to CE Repair Services in the Netherlands, and they known the issue and told me they can fix it. All cost are for Samsung
MadPat
Explorer
Options

Great news. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel. 

My bluray is back and fixed 😁

I'll post a full timeline later

Philb1
Apprentice
Options

Had ours collected by DPD today. Fingers crossed 🤞

0 Likes