Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 09:36 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Trinderbox obviously further resolutions are required and understand a number of customers are concerned.  However  @AntS  marked the advice/recommendation as a solution so that it easily accessible .  ie. members can find it quickly   (with this being quite a lengthy thread.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jules01
Journeyman
Options
I also have the HT-J4550. Mine is being collected today. Fingers crossed it will be plain sailing from here but I doubt it! 🤔
Trevor1979
Journeyman
Options

@samsung So reading through this thread and the similar USA community thread, there is a fix for this through a firmware update. Why can you not post the firmware and steps to update it online? Also, why are customers in the rest of the world not offered the same repair service as your UK and USA customers? Am I smelling discrimination here? Is our business not worth the same to you?

MuratD
Apprentice
Options

The same problem here in Istanbul, Turkey with continuously rebooting Ht-J4550.

I hope Samsung solves it!

Trinderbox
Explorer
Options
@JAMES4578, whilst I understand what has been done & why @AntS has marked the thread, this was NOT a solution.
Those of us affected by the collective failure of our machines were at first annoyed that our players had gone wrong, initially thinking repair or replacement was our problem alone.
Then we discover there is a whole community of us who have been inflicted with 'bricked' players all with the same symptoms simultaneously, next thought failure arising from an over the web update - responsibility Samsung.
We are then hopeful of a solution, but have been purposefully kept in the dark (like mushrooms) by Samsung who have not issued any statements or guidance during the past 2 weeks.
What the community required was a solution. but adding the word SOLVED to the prefix of the strand does not a solution make and implies something completely different i.e. ADVICE , when all that is added are the contacts/links to register by.
This may well be an inadequacy of the manner in which this forum has been created, however there needs to be a mechanism that achieves the same end of accessibility as ADVICE before the eventual solution can be posted.
Currently the SOLUTION is in the UK & USA, to go to LiveChat or telephone to register your player for repair on a free collect and return basis. This being in the absence of a DIY 'over the web' or 'firmware reflash' option.
When a potential resolution is not known there is great frustration and in some cases (not mine) pent up anger, when you see the problem has been "SOLVED" when quite patently it has not!
This is a problem with Samsung's PR department who have kept it from the press and have not kept their consumers informed. One must say that they have behaved like Ostriches when confronted by the scale of this problem. It may be a corporate decision long term to avoid claims & mitigate the repair costs world wide, but this is no way to conduct customer relations and retain sales.
Customer loyalty should not be taken for granted. Quality of service takes working at, hence they should start here.
"SOLVED" ...... really?
Spiros
Journeyman
Options

Update from 🇬🇷 :

On Friday, and while I had previously talked to Sumsung Support and agreed to take the unit to the service, a guy called to offer free courier pick up and delivery. Who would not agree to this? After confirming same, ‘ve been told someone would call me on Monday to arrange pick up!
On Monday the mob of my wife rings (never gave them that number) from the service centre to arrange repair. He was redirected to me.
The same guy called me to advise me where to take the unit for repair. I told him I was offered pick up & delivery and he said had no idea about this.
On Tuesday, I called the Sam. Support. The story goes again, and it appears they do not offer pick up & delivery. And what about the guy who called me??? Will call you tomorrow, they said.
Two days have passed and no signal from them yet.
Planning to take the unit to the service centre on my own.

Will keep you posted.

0 Likes
Buddy21
Pioneer
Options
Here is the solution to all our problems: Call get a ticket for repair, get a shipping label-free, there are no pick ups, because Samsung has decided to pay for repairs and shipping(unless you pay for pick-up via your UPS. Follow all the instruction to the letter as if there not it can and will be returned to you. as Customer service(Kristine) has informed me that following the instruction are crucial. ?Yes this is the fix Samsung will need to be called and get all your information and then they will send you a label either vis email text or mail, but if you are reading this you have a resource. This is a one-time free repair as they understand the broke it with their auto-up-date(turn it off when you set up the repaired one). So as solutions go and as solved goes you must pick up your fon and call it in get a label and a repair ticket, ship it to them wait( I don't know how long as I will be sending mine out today) Thane do not forget to test and watch for any malfunctioning as are opening up the device and fixing the problems or just installing a new program. Hope this helps and understandable and as one poster said be active don't wait for Samsung to come to you as there is no information out there .
0 Likes
RahulG
First Poster
Options
I have HT-J5530 and I am facing the same issue. When I called customer care they said it out of warranty so you have to pay to fix it.
I told him either fix it in a month of I am filling a case against your company.
Then I raised a service request online and provided this link and lot of other youtube videos that people all over the world facing same issue.
They replied me today and agreed to fix my system for free. They provided me E-Lable to ship the system, which I am going to ship today and I can track the status online for every step.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
0 Likes
pierre58
First Poster
Options

What happen with this issue? I've the same trouble with my Ht J4500 in France and is out of warranty for .. a month.

Any solution without going to an "official Samsung Center" which is far away from home?

What a pity from this company about this international problem and without any communication. Does it mean the problem is bigger than it appears (hacking ?)?

0 Likes
MuratD
Apprentice
Options

Samsung could not say "out of warranty so you have to pay to fix it." Perfectly running system has been defected by their action (software update!). This is not our fault. It is unbelivable how they did this. Very careless job. All over the world you make all of your systems down. Not good for Samsung. I hope they can solve this for every consumer.  Otherwise Samsung name will be defected as our systems.