Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 11:14 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
MadPat
Explorer
Options
Hi Chris-Mm.
Was only a matter of about 3 hours before I'd had a summery of repair sent through via email
JuanMber
First Poster
Options

I had the problem in my Bluray, it is being fixed in the store, for free, BUT TODAY THE SAME PROBLEM HAPPENED ON MY SAMSUNG TV!!!!!!!!! WTF???????

ANYONE ELSE?

Trinderbox
Explorer
Options
MadPat, what was in the summary? It will be more than Samsung have told any of us or even admitted to.
Was it a new main/motherboard or just a reflash of the firmware?
I'm curious to know, since they currently haven't got back to me with a solution since I 'livechatted' last Wednesday.
Congrats by the way, 1 down X million to go......
0 Likes
MadPat
Explorer
Options
Tinderbox.
Work summery said firmware/software update. I'd assume due to the restart cycle it needs to be forced rather than an online process.
Just waiting to hear from the courier now
Trinderbox
Explorer
Options

Thanks MadPat,

To be frank, I'm not surprised that it was a reflash once they'd opened the Bluray box.

I suspect they had to discharge the eeprom first by crossing some terminals or even removing it (thats a solder job!).

Either way the box and system are not designed to update without access to the user interface or over the web automatically (which is where we all came in....).

Thanks again this has been very informative.

Time to be more insistent with them methinks!

MadPat
Explorer
Options
No problem at all Tinderbox.
Had an email this morning to say they will deliver it back tomorrow. I'll post the whole timeline once I've tested it
0 Likes
Trinderbox
Explorer
Options

AntS,

I have seen your solution post and despite your protestations, this is not a solution.

This is a RECOMMENDED ACTION.

What is required is an update that advises the recommended resolutions for each of the affected players by type of player.

If this means that each player needs to be returned to a service centre for repair, by reflashing the firmware (because it cannot be done in-situ or over the web), then this should be made plain.

Then affected users can take the appropriate action and arrange for a repair.

It is the lack of valid information (and total silence) from Samsung that is frustrating everyone affected and is framing future purchasing decisions - short & long-term.

Trinderbox
Explorer
Options
MadPat, We wait with bated breath.......
Trinderbox out.
0 Likes
Chris-McM
Student
Options

Well, mine seems to have hit a snag at Repairtech, they say that they have reported the fault back to Samsung. Samsung initally said that Repairtech were awaiting parts, then when pressed reverted to the line that it is an ongoing issue with their technical team. The unit is a HT-J4550, perhaps they are yet to write new firmware for this model? Or perhaps it needs a new board or chip? Who knows! I'll keep you posted on progress.

Incidentally, the agent initially told me that he'd spoken to Repairtech, but then later in the call said that they hadn't answered the call when he'd tried them. I'm awaiting a call from a supervisor as I really hate it when people lie (especially when they're not very good at it!)

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Chris-McM  Certainly a few will be interested to see how this develops.   I agree that it is best if advisors are upfront, even if thry do not have a great deal to update you on.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes