Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 07:32 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
ElNecio
Pioneer
Options
Samsung is deleting all links to the group in FB and to the firms, Samsung begins to censor to take advantage of this, it is a company that we should not trust.

In fa ce bo ok look for the group with the name "Falla Global Samsung HT-J5500, J5530, J4500 Blurays/Global Failure Samsung"
0 Likes
Mrlovkim
Journeyman
Options
American in the Netherlands BD-J5700/ZA

I called earlier and they told to take to Amsterdam for a factory reset.
0 Likes
Fernandito
Pioneer
Options

notify if they return it working so we know how to proceed

0 Likes
Scotty5
Student
Options

Thanks for solution.  Contacted Samsung via webchat and as per solution Samsung said it was a known problem and have arranged to collect unit and if problem is found to be power cycling issue, they will repair free of charge. I've to expect a call in 24/48hr for date when unit will be uplifted.

Have to say I found the chat live! system very efficient. Support person was working from home. She was very helpful.

MadPat
Explorer
Options

Hey everyone. 

Just received an email from the repair center saying they have replaced the firmware/software and all test are passed.

Was all organised simply through webchat and has been a thoroughly simple process throughout. 

I am lucky the UK support has been so very good for this issue. 

Will post again when I receive it back. 

Chris-McM
Student
Options

Hi MadPat

I received an email from RepairTech about 15 minutes ago, confirming receipt of the unit and saying that it will be passed to an engineer shortly for assessment. Did you get an email like this? How long afterwards did you get confirmation that the repair had been completed successfully?

Thanks

Chris

RITS
First Poster
Options

My player is  BD-J5900 stopped on 18.06.20. COME ON SAMSUNG....REALLY🤔🤭

SAME BLOODY ISSUE HERE IN CYPRUS/EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAMSUNG BETTER FIX PROBLEM SOON, OTHERWISE ALOT OF UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS

GOING FOR OTHER BRANDS IN THE FUTURE.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

0 Likes
Rusher82
Journeyman
Options

I've been on hold twice for today 30mins each time and each time it rings then goes dead....every time I try and start a chat via the chat assistant no one is available. Super frustrating 😡😡😡😡

LeoV
Apprentice
Options

Today I was in contact with the repair centre I waiting for there replay so I can bring mine J4500 for an sofware update.

This is in the Netherlands I will let you know of they fix mine machine

Krisb60
Explorer
Options

today - emails from repair team
Now I'm Waiting for confirmation that fix has been applied as per MadPat

0 Likes