Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 01:05 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Edin_tz
Apprentice
Options

I took my j5500 to a local service and waiting for them to call me. Since there is no answer from our Samsung dealership, this is what I had to do. I will share it with you if they make it work or not.

0 Likes
mikkilj
Apprentice
Options

Like told up there. I was contaced samsung support using chat. And nothing.

That pickup looks to work only in states and UK. Rest of the world. Nothing.

josefalhanga
Explorer
Options

Here, in Portugal, I had the problem with my Samsung Home Cinema HT - J4500 on June 21st. After searching in the internet and verifying that it was an international problem concerning some Samsung models, I sent emails to Samsung Portugal on 22 and 23 June, asking for clarification and support. On June 24, Samsung Portugal replied by email, stating that I should reset the device and if it didn't work, I would have to take the equipment for repair (they never mentioned the international problem). Unhappy with the situation, I made an official complaint online, on June 24th (with knowledge to the portuguese competent entity that supervises that type of company). On June 26, by email, Samsung mentions the complaint received, requesting equipment data (serial number and proof of purchase) for a more careful analysis of the problem. I sent the requested data, by email, on the same day, June 26th. On the 29th of June, I received a phone call from a Samsung representative informing me that the situation was still under analysis and that I would receive a new phone call with its conclusion (however, without mentioning a date for that purpose - however, the person mentioned that there were more cases like mine).

Conclusion: my case hasn´t been filed yet by Samsung because I filed an official complaint with the competent Portuguese authorities, which led Samsung to give a more polite response. I will wait ... without high hopes.

I am only sure that, with this kind of service from Samsung, I will try to avoid buying Samsung equipment.

Good luck to everyone.

BC088
First Poster
Options

Figured I'd post on here because this forum has been my source of news since Samsung has been mostly silent on the issue and we're coming up on two weeks since this issue started. 

Ill start by stating I am in the U.S.  My bluray/home theater surround sound system HT-j4500 is stuck in the boot loop like everyone elses around the world.  After discovering this was a worldwide issue and not specific to my device I contacted Samsung via online chat on Wednesday 6/24.  I was told the issue would be resolved via an update put out by Samsung and to keep my device plugged in and keep my Ethernet cable hooked up to the device.  Although I thought this type of fix wasn't likely since the device wont stay on for more than 5 seconds I obliged and was told I would be contacted in 24-48 hours.  Today (6/29) after no update or call from Samsung I returned to this forum and noticed many people  were being asked to send their devices in for repair.  I called Samsung this morning and basically stated what i said above and that I noticed people on this forum were being asked to send their devices in for repair free of charge.  The person I spoke with said this was correct and that I would have to send my device in for repair.  He said the repair would likely take 5-7 business days from when Samsung receives the device.  They created a ticket and reference number for me.  Its been about an hour and I have yet to receive the shipping label although under my case it does say it is in the process of being created.

As frustrating as this debacle is I just wanted to post this on here so people know the correct action to take moving forward because it seems like people are being told many different things.  I would've waited for a remote repair if not for seeing others post that they were told to send their units in on this forum.  Hopefully this helps someone who's waiting for Samsung to fix this issue remotely.  I will update when I have an update to share.  

0 Likes
rodriguez4
First Poster
Options

Where you able to fix your home theater?

0 Likes
Giovanni959
Explorer
Options

Hello Guys, 

UPDATE for the people in The Netherlands. 

After almost a week. I had to wait the whole day before I could get an answer from a real person.

They told me the same story, I have to pay for the shipping and they can't tell how long the fixing will take (they are always working on an update).

I'm really disappointed, not really a friendly way to solve the problem they created.

Just my opinion.

Here my conversation with customer support.

Screenshot_20200629-193904_WhatsApp.jpg

Nellie100
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I started my process of getting a repair, here in the UK, by emailing the CEO.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/email-the-ceo/

This is a UK page, but you may be able to find something similar in your country.  They got back to me within 3 days with an offer to collect and repair my player, free of charge.

Go straight to the top if you can, would be my advice.

Roelovic
Student
Options

I haven't seen any reply here from someone who actually got their home theater back and that its its working again😖

0 Likes
Scotty5
Student
Options

Co-incidence? very ocassionally my system with throw a wobbly with sound being mixed up - main audio coming out of L+R speakers, nothing at all from sub. Whenever this happens it's just a case of powering the unit on/off and everything is reset.

This happened tonight. Powered system on/off as per usual but no sound whatsoever coming out of unit. Disconnected HDMI from TV, powered everything off, reconnected HDMI, power everything up again. TV now recognising HT-J4500 but system continuously cycling. It was asking for DVD disc to be inserted, managed to open tray and load a DVD and close tray again but everything still re-cycling. I can no longer open tray again, DVD in the machine.

0 Likes
ElNecio
Pioneer
Options

Samsung is deleting all links to the group in FB and to the firms, Samsung begins to censor to take advantage of this, it is a company that we should not trust.

In fa ce bo ok look for the group with the name "Falla Global Samsung HT-J5500, J5530, J4500 Blurays/Global Failure Samsung"

0 Likes