Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 02:15 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Grimdavy
Journeyman
Options

Look for the small curved slot underneath. Flashlight.

Small flathead screwdriver.

Rotate by increments counterclockwise.

Disc drawer will move outward.

Once out a bit your can grab and pull the drawer out.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Kev21
Explorer
Options
Eject on the remote controller usually still works with this fault
0 Likes
RudyHamann
Apprentice
Options

HARD RESET does not work either

0 Likes
AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options

@KimF wrote:

Same here.  Called them today, and they sent me a mailing label.  I tried everythi ng I could with them to let me somehow do the "factory reset" they said needs to be done, but they said it has to be done there.  We cannot.  (The thing I hate even more is that I have a DVD in it that won't come out - belongs to someone else!  They told me NOT to take the case off to try and get it out, and that they would return it.)  I'm betting they are SWAMPED with calls.  

Same happens in Netherlands, I reported the problem on June 20 2020 through the Whatsapp chat.
1st had to convince problem was on their. side. That sank in after 4 days, now have a discussion over the Shipping charge of an estimated € 97 and they can't even garantuee if they can repair or they go silent when questions get to difficult. Today received a warning from their bot that > 24 hours had elapsed since my question, they went silent on; would i still require help then react to the message and how i like their sevice, was I prepared to spend a minute filling in a review... yeah right.

0 Likes
Goteck
Apprentice
Options
When looking to the replies, it seems that for our US and UK friends they take the repair for free, otherwise no ... For my part in France I'm still waiting for a fix via internet or USB as advised via the customer support ... But they need go give info soon to avoid issues ...
0 Likes
Htj4500
Student
Options

US, just got off of phone with Support.  They took my personal info and model/SN.  They emailed me a UPS label while we were still on the phone for the unit and power chord.  They assured all repair would be free of charge, even though my unit was out of warranty.  She approximated 5-7 business days until my unit is returned.  This is a perfect response to the situation even if a bit later than you'd expect.  Hope it goes well and works out for everyone else.  Like someone else mentioned, call, and stay on the line.  They said it was a 20 minute wait and that was pretty accurate.

0 Likes
Patrick1963eu
Apprentice
Options

@Htj4500

Areyou shipping it to NJ? Mine is heading there today.

Patrick, NC

0 Likes
Fernandito
Pioneer
Options

Please, if someone returns the player after it has been repaired, let them know if it works. Here, in Latin America, we still do not have news.

Grimdavy
Journeyman
Options

Two players, BD-JM57s, same issues.

Contact via SMS text 62913.

Follow up:  Samsung emailed two "online service request documents". They did not email shipping return labels.  They did provide ticket numbers to reference.  Contacted them again with ticket numbers requesting shipping labels.  Received two shipping labels via email.  Earlier message support person wrote to ignore anything regarding charges on the service request forms.  Include the forms (make copies) in each box. 

To be continued...

ElNecio
Pioneer
Options
Facebook group of those affected by Samsung:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/561079594538531/
0 Likes