Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 01:54 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Jules01
Journeyman
Options
I think this is pretty much exactly the same scenario I am in at present. Currently waiting for an ‘engineer’ (24 to 48hr turnaround) to call me to arrange collection for a repair! 🤞🏻
0 Likes
Gruff
Explorer
Options

@magoo28 wrote:

Hi guy's 

just read about the problems, anyone know what models are affected, i got a ht-d5100 and it just started to switch it self on and off

It would appear that most machines affected are J series. However, there are a number of people with, what appears to be the same, issues with older machines. I would keep the pressure on. Because the issue may be bigger than Samdung first thought.🤔🤔🤔

0 Likes
Rocky897
Apprentice
Options

Für Deutschland BD-J5900, Antwort auf meine Anfrage beim Chat-Support:

Wir bekommen derzeit viele dieser Anfragen. Gerne lassen wir das Gerät von unseren Technikern für dich prüfen. Bitte wende dich hierfür an unsere Hotline unter 061967755547. Du erhältst dort ein Label zum kostenlosen Einsenden des Gerätes. Die Hotline ist von Mo.-Fr.: 10:00 - 19:00 Uhr erreichbar.

Laut Chat-Support entstehen mir durch die Prüfung keine Kosten.

0 Likes
CamKis
Apprentice
Options

I've finally had a resolution too as I spoke to Samsung earlier via the chat and they said the blu ray will be collected and fixed free of charge. At last! Samsung; this should have happened last week. We as valuable customers shouldn't have had to wait so long.

0 Likes
Retro
Explorer
Options

I've just had a call to arrange collection of my HT-J4550.  It's being collected by DPD on Monday or Tuesday (DPD don't guarantee 24hr service to the Highlands). It would have been Wednesday if I'd waited for packaging to be sent out. They have a 7-10 day turn around for repairs. 👍

0 Likes
MookytheMooch
Journeyman
Options

after my Samsung webchatty-thing, I got a phone call arranging collection  and email confirmation- dpd are coming on Monday to collect and take to a third party company for repair... It's looking promising but I'll believe it when I've got it back and it's working...... So far, although not rated A for customer service, Samsung are heading in the right direction.... not at the destination yet though.... 

0 Likes
TonyS1
First Poster
Options

Tried chat a few times, only get thr following response:

Sorry we are really busy at the moment. We want to help but there are no Samsung Support Experts available right now. You can get help by viewing our FAQs https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/category/tv-audio-video/ or using our online trouble-shooter https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/tv-av/. Alternatively, you can get help from other Samsung users and experts at https://eu.community.samsung.com/ now or try Live Chat again later.
0 Likes
Turner30
Student
Options

I have the same problem i only see it last night and am in south afrika (Cape Town) try phone samsung on Monday

0 Likes
DonovanJacobs
Journeyman
Options

I am also from Cape Town South Africa, and unfortunately Samsung South Africa knows nothing of this issue.  I have phoned and also chatted online to the support desk here and the response is very disappointing. I have a BD J5500 Blu-ray player and I will take it in but I am hesitant to hand my device over to people that do not even know about a worldwide issue that is affecting their brand.

0 Likes
Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

Chat won't sort anything out. Try to use that Email CEO/Top Management option under Contact at the bottom of the Samsung home page in your country, if they tell you they're not even aware of the issue. And also share this ever-growing thread link! That seems to do the trick! Let's turn the DO WHAT YOU CAN'T on them! 😁