Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 07:35 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Father2013
Student
Options

Sending mine in mail for repair, if they try charging me, I will be looking to start a lawsuit!

0 Likes
EmmaE
Apprentice
Options

Hi all!

I called Samsung regarding the issue... they tried the whole "we only do free repair if it's still under warrentee" rubbish. I told him that this is a worldwide issue, quoted what the moderator said in this forum, and directed him to it. He looked into it more and confirmed they will fix it for free, with the whole, if theres another fault we'll charge you for that. I told them it was working perfectly until this started so if they find anything else then it'll be on them... although have to wait now for the engineer to get in touch to organise the pick up of my player... 

Hopefully these will get fixed quickly. :smiling-face: xx

Jay86
Explorer
Options

You are lucky at least they looked at the thread. I am not from UK and these a$$$es don't want to look at what Samsung UK or any other country is doing. They keep repeating like a dumb that it's out of warranty and will be a paid repair. Nothing new. I guess I am going to have to sue them. For selling me $200+ for a single brick. 

0 Likes
Krisb60
Explorer
Options
I was told not to send anything other than the player
0 Likes
Krisb60
Explorer
Options
The courier will tell you otherwise!
0 Likes
Krisb60
Explorer
Options
If true why are Samsung taking U.K. players back to base for a physical repair?
0 Likes
bigblueamazon
Explorer
Options

@EmmaE

That's exactly why I'm not even bothering to pursue this. Mine is out of warranty and I do not trust Samsung to check my unit and fix it free of charge - they'll find something else and charge me, as I can't prove there were no faults prior to this issue occurring. Welcome to the World 2020. I'm going to buy a Panasonic next. 

ayer60
Student
Options
For US users: I called Samsung today. After 15-20 min wait, I got to talk to a representative. He acknowledged the issue, opened a ticked, and processed it as a "one-time accommodation". They emailed me a UPS label. I must pack the MAIN UNIT ONLY, write the ticket number on the box, and drop it off at any UPS location. No cost to me (even though the warranty expired years ago). I want to thank this forum for your moral support and all the information!
Swu
Student
Options
@bigblueamazon

I am with you on this one. I’ve already bought a replacement - Sony. Having bought numerous Samsung products (tv, blu-ray, cinema systems, mobile phone and washing machine), I will not be making any further Samsung purchases.
Kat35
Journeyman
Options

Interesting to read all the different comments.  I am in USA too and they said (via chat) this is a software issue (which is what I thought)-there is no point in mailing in the unit.  They just asked for patience on trying to get this resolved.  We shall see....

0 Likes