Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 01:14 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
MadPat
Explorer
Options
Still looking promising, DPD just came with packaging for it and took it away 👌
Will post again when it's fixed🤞
TiagoSanto
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

Hope everyone is safe and well, as your families and closest friends too.

I live in Portugal and I´ve already talked to the assistent centre and they have recognised the problem is from Samsung and not from client and now I´ll have to wait for next steps (Complaint Department told me to wait for a next call). What I want to share to you is that you have to pressure the department tolding Samsung is responsable of the issue and client is not. In the other hand I would like to ask you if you go to the chat of UK (as me), please tell them to share what´s happening globally to other countries, so the message will be shared successfully.

Stay Safe,

Spiros
Journeyman
Options

Update from Greece:

After confirming the free repair yesterday, over the phone, today Samsung GR called to offer free shipping. What a relief!
Their Service Centre works 9-5, so do I. So, that took some weight off my shoulders. Pending now to arrange the delivery, told me it would be the forthcoming Monday-Tuesday. This is the Samsung we all know and all deserve.

0 Likes
Kaius
Student
Options
same happened to me in Portugal. They ignored every information about this issue. Contacted my insurance company, they want to take my drive to Spain, they or ignore, or don't believe whats happening.
0 Likes
Maik13
Pathfinder
Options

@Spiros wrote:

Update from Greece:

After confirming the free repair yesterday, over the phone, today Samsung GR called to offer free shipping. What a relief!
Their Service Centre works 9-5, so do I. So, that took some weight off my shoulders. Pending now to arrange the delivery, told me it would be the forthcoming Monday-Tuesday. This is the Samsung we all know and all deserve.

In your country... in germany nothing happens, Samsung is ignoring german customers further. But today i will buy a new system (Dark Season 3 is starting tomorrow) and will give the jurists give a chance to have trouble with samsung to pay my new System then

0 Likes
p6mm
First Poster
Options

Samsung Baltics feels so arrogant and thinks that although, warranty expired, it is client side responsibility to pay for damage caused by  Samsung.

Last Samsung device for me

Greetings from Estonia

rodders1
Apprentice
Options

HT-j4500 - Just spent a long time with samsung support through chat line.  We went through the reset etc even though i indicated that the community had a large number of users with the same problem.    They did not seem to be aware of a know issue.  ?????????????   They also recommended a repairer that does not operate in my area!??//

0 Likes
OzascoMD
Journeyman
Options

Man... Estou na mesma situação que você! Ainda não cheguei a entrar em contato com a central no Brazil por não ter muita esperança de solução visto que aqui tudo é atrasado. Cara, estou muito frustrado!!!

0 Likes
rodders1
Apprentice
Options
support chat line does not seem to be aware of a known issue. 10 mins ago (16.00 26th).
0 Likes
OzascoMD
Journeyman
Options

Being a Brazilian like me is not helping either...

0 Likes