Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 09:19 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
zelycorn
Journeyman
Options

issue not solved

hdano
Journeyman
Options

NOTHING SOLVED ! ! !

GIVE CUSTOMERS SOLUTION OR REMOVE SOLVED STATUS ! ! !

cg15
Apprentice
Options

UK repair pick up arranged with Samsung yesterday.  I'm really not filled with that much confidence about this whole thing - I just hope they do the right thing with this and by all the people affected here.

It just doesn't feel quite right suddenly having to send what was a perfectly working HT unit off for some intrusive repairs.

good luck to all!

0 Likes
overdrives
First Poster
Options

Adding my HT-E5530 to the list.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys.

To clear things up:

I marked my post as the ‘solution’ because that puts a copy of that advice post as the second one in the thread (i.e. the ‘solution’ feature on here works as ‘question’ – 1st post - followed by ‘answer’ – 2nd post). Which, I’m sure most would agree, in a long thread like this is needed in order to stop lots of repeats of “What do I do?! Why won’t Samsung respond to this?!” type posts.

It also gives the thread more visibility and makes it easier to find overall.

In short: it's done to help anyone who might be affected instantly know what to do rather than needing to trawl through 70+ pages.

What it definitely doesn’t do is somehow make Samsung HQ think that this problem has suddenly been completely fixed.

The official current advice is to contact your local Samsung Audio/Visual Support team for assistance and advice on the appropriate next steps for where you are.

rodders1
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem which started about a week ago.  Will be contacting samsung as per solution.  

0 Likes
Cols
Apprentice
Options

Took my unit in to the service centre this morning in South Africa. Absolute waste of time. They wanted to charge me nearly 15USD to perform an "assessment" but admitted that it's pointless since there are no parts available to perform a replacement. I have been very patient with Samsung so far but this is utter nonsense now. I will be posting on Samsung's social media and lodging a complaint with our local consumer commission about this

JJvan
Apprentice
Options

Morning,

I just had a very long very frustrating telephonic discussing with Samsung. They are not aware of this problem and can only help me if I bring the unit to a servcie centre for them to assess. The service center are not aware of this problem and will not be able to render any type of service. The unit is out of waranty and that is their claim to fame.

My only choice is to throw this unit out and buy something new. Samsung SA is worthless and does not know what customer service is.

Also in South Africa

Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

Update from Romania: I just had a call with a dude (probably customer support supervisor or manager) from Samsung. The Email to CEO / Top Management exercise does work! I will take the system to their authorized service centre to have that fix installed free of charge ... apparently the South Korea guys are currently working on it, so don't expect a quick repair.

0 Likes
mark___
First Poster
Options

getting the same thing as everyone on here about this, just noticed last night when i turned it on for the first time in about a week. 

ohio

0 Likes