Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 07:17 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

It would really be helpful to know how you guys in the UK sorted it out. Please let us know if and when your systems were picked up, when returned and if properly functional and, obviously, if free of charge like they told you. Cheers!

Trinderbox
Explorer
Options

Dear All in the UK,

If you feel strongly about the whole sequence of denials, mixed messages, mixed information & injustice of service then, since no one (that I have noticed but I may have been dozing....zzzzzzz) has mentioned it.... Time to contact the Consumers Association (Yes I know it's a bit 'Boomer' so will be reviled, hated, despised, but are nonetheless here).

For information their contact link is as below:

https://www.which.co.uk/about-which/contact-us

If you are feeling a bit hot under the collar, intemperate words will not get results with these guys, because they represent the consumer, namely...US.

Although to be fair, 'ripping someone a new one' can be quite cathartic - but don't direct it at them, please.....

Cold dispassionate & factual, AKA 'Tell it as it is..'

Hopefully that might raise the profile in the Media. It's only been in the lesser 'teckie' online news feeds so far.

By the way I don't do Facebook or Twitter but I assume that someone would have posted something here on that.

Someone earlier in this forum (about page 2 or 3) mentioned Watchdog on the BBC, being slightly leftie, they like a good consumer issue. (C'mon the Beeb are hardly in the middle politically, how else do you explain their Journo's?)

Probably still be a small footnote to Covid & Brexit , but hay.......

Best of luck everybody, "buckle up its gonna be a bumpy night......... "

alex2020py
Pioneer
Options

No es una solución. Es simplemente que hay un problema. Dónde está la solución,?

0 Likes
Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options
alex2020py we're trying to push for a solution. Go to your country Samsung site, scroll down to the bottom. Under Contact (either right under or click on Contact to get to all contact options) you should have Email CEO! just send an email detailing your/our issue! They will realize that the more of us, the bigger the issue they have! Easy! Buena suerte! :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Retro
Explorer
Options
I know, I just thought it was hilarious that she would think we need to send everything so it could be tested 😂 If an AV tech doesn't have a power cable etc they're not very good 😉
Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

Has anybody's system been, at least, picked up yet like promised by the cust supp in their country? Repaired???? Please let us know if and when that happens! Cheers!

Jay86
Explorer
Options

While it is good that finally UK is getting their bricks picked up for repairs, I am still waiting for their call in Canada. There is No CEO email available in our website and dumb**s tech team is not calling me. I don't want to go a long way to file a complain in consumer protection end deal with ***** but if I have to I will. Also, Canadian forum is silent 😞

Gemain
Pioneer
Options

Avis aux utilisateurs Français : 

Vous pouvez attendre ou vous pouvez nous rejoindre.

Nous sommes maintenant 30.

Nous avons contacté l'association HOP et également un député.

Plus d'informations ici :

https://m.facebook.com/groups/561079594538531?view=permalink&id=563254007654423

0 Likes
Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

By now I am not uncertain :winking-face: Samsung Cust Support have different strategies function of country to fend this issue off lacking instructions from the "TOP FLOORS" in South Korea, because they haven't even issued any official statement in the past week... so all we can do now is push them to do so and always use the chat or call and always share this thread link, if there is no email CEO option and they have to pay attention eventually. But it'll be good to know whether the Sam support guys in the UK, US, Germany will actually follow through and have the users' systems picked up, repaired and returned in prior-glitch perfect shape and at no cost, as advertised! Then we'll have a precedent! In the meantime, chatting and calling and emailing Samsung in your own country about the issue might push them to come up with a consistent and reasonable solution applicable at ww level. I've gone through the Note 7 pre-ordering fiasco, but I'm still using a Note 9 now and looking forward to the Note 20 and the new Fold release, there's unparalleled functionality on the Note series since it was released... my only fear is that they might not treat all their other products just like they do the high-end/flagship ones... which is why I'm here! I was about to dump the whole system and buy a Sony soundbar or Sony home cinema today, but I did one more search, because I knew it hadn't messed up with the Sam HC in any way... and I was right! It was their fault! So, common, Samsung, it's your tagline! DO WHAT YOU CAN'T!

Htj4500
Student
Options

I was on a chat yesterday with US tech support.  They said I'd have to likely send it to repair at my cost if not still under warranty.  I got it almost 3 years ago...doubtful.  I went on and registered it anyway.