Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 05:58 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
ITPro43207
Student
Options

I just got off the phone a little bit ago with Samsung Support for the USA. I have been given a shipping label for free and the repair is free also. 

AWestley
Apprentice
Options

Am currently finishing with chat. Told to pack and await collection. Nothing about wires etc

Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

Sorry guys, I'm all riled up after a basically wasted day trying to find a way to solve this sh1te! You should scroll all the way down to the bottom of the main Sam home page in your country and find the Email CEO link under Contact... click on Contact if it's not right under that and should definitely find it on the Contact page!

Boysieb
Student
Options

Yes, had the same online chat and the same collection is being arranged. 

They're going to be busy, lets see what happens....!

0 Likes
MMTFB
Student
Options

Just contacted Samsung UK regarding my J5500 Blu ray and they have arranged to collect it for repair which seems to be what others with same rebooting issue will need to do

tiddles1
Apprentice
Options

/i've just had a chat with customer services, and will be packing it up in a box awaiting contacting from Repair Tech.

MMTFB
Student
Options

Just booked my J5500 in for collection through Samsung which is what the agent said they have to do if the device is on their list

Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

We gotta push Samsung to issue one single global statement and solution and manage this the way they managed the Note 7 withdrawal, otherwise some countries' Sam cust support will say repair free of charge, some will say replacement, others wait for the fix to come one way or the other (and how should that be installed in a 3-5 sec interval till the next reboot?) some will direct users to the service centres and pay from their own pocket and most won't know what to say... So, let's put it in writing! That way, it's always official!

0 Likes
roccodistrel
First Poster
Options

italia stesso problema

Norbi79
Journeyman
Options
I m having mein collected tomorrow. UK samsung is very helpful.