Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 04:47 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
phils2
Apprentice
Options

I'm in UK and via online chat, have been given a service order number and told to pack my unit ready for a courier to collect in 3-5 days. My new best friend on the chatline was friendly and helpful as could be. So that's good and seems to be the best way to go - in UK at least. What's not good is that Samsung seem to have done nothing to alert all the owners of the dodgy units that they recognise the problem and will arrange a fix. They are waiting for the very few customers who have followed the action on this thread to contact them, then responding. They presumably think the 99% of other owners will just dump their brick and buy again. Samsung seem to have decided to take the cheapest route to avoid litigation etc from us irate few and stay schtum to the public at large. That's shoddy and unethical business practice. Shame on them. They won't be getting a Christmas card from me this year.

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Agreed FlappyChicken...
Still, the right thing to do would be for Samsung to go that bit further and issue a media statement/notice of recall to get the news to the masses whom haven't thought to do what we have all done and enter into dialog on the community forum.

Reckon the Samsung strategy is Quick fixes for the few of us on here, that will satisfy us, stop all the noise we're making and will ensure the sleeping giant is left undisturbed and that's a lot of otherwise good systems going straight to landfill...

Not very fair when most companies issue a recall...

There are worse companies out there, Whirlpool/Indesit/Hotpoint with the tumble dryer saga, how long they took to get round to fixes whilst fires raged, we know to avoid those companies now.

Samsung could do the right thing and get the message to the rest of their customers, if anything that kind of action would have me running to buy their technology, knowing we were in good hands and being looked after but it's been a week of hard fighting getting to this stage..
Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Stick with them Josefalhanga, we here in the UK had the exact same stance, think most of us averaged the third time/call lucky when finally getting our repair, just arm yourself with as much detail as possible and inform customer services of what stage UK is at, these protocols will become uniform in wvery country.

We here in UK were aldo initially passed to an outside elecrical engineer eithin each of our locality, we were told by respevtive companies we would need to pay just for the company to inspect our system never remind repair it. Most of us declined thankfully.

Stick with it, it will happen for you too and you will get a repair, just ensure you log onto the samsung community forum specific for your country, get those numbers up and things will get moving.

Good luck!

Gav
0 Likes
AWestley
Apprentice
Options
Same issue just occurred in last couple of days HT-J4550
0 Likes
Goteck
Apprentice
Options

4 years ago I had an issue with Samsung phone (battery was on the way to explode for phone coming from Germany, not so much ...)

Their answer : bring your phone to a center 200km away from your home. We'll keep it 3 mounths to change the battery. I bought a 30€ new battery in a random phone center. 

It's always the same "support" with them. Lesson learned : I will not but anything from Samsung in the future. 

0 Likes
AWestley
Apprentice
Options

How do you get through to online chat? I've had a look but couldn't find it

Retro
Explorer
Options

I have been back on to chat and am awaiting a call from a repairer to arrange collection.  The agent suggested I pack up the whole system, cables and all 🤣 

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
Hi Retro...

When they call to inform you of courier collection date, they will let you know it is ONLY the vd player! No power cables, no remotes, ONLY the player so don't pack anything else, all will be explained to you when they arrange your collection date.
Gavin79
Pioneer
Options
AWestley..

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Click "Contact Us" or scroll down to "Live Chat (Online)" near bottom of page...

Have your bluray model number and also the full S/N code to hand, you'l find that on.tbe sticker at back near barcode on bluray player, you need the full S/N code before they will approve a repair...
0 Likes
Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

I have also chatted with Cust Supp with Sam Romania twice today and they had no idea what this was about, so the first referred me to their authorized service without even getting as much as my phone number. I called the service centre and confirmed they had several cases with the same issue since Thursday, but no official statement from Sam about a faulty update roll-out, so business as usual for customers with systems still covered by warranty, post-warranty like me, at my own expense. I also IM'd Sam Ro on their FB page and, surprisingly enough, they knew about the issue and they did take my number and were at least polite enough to tell me they will make those Cust Supp dudes prioritize my case, but that did not receive any instructions from South Korea on how to handle this. So, I said what the hell, and I sent an email to the CEO! it will defo not reach the CEO, but it's gotta go somewhere above Cust Supp, so I say you should do the same! Just go to your country Sam main page, scroll all the way down to and if you should have a CEO email link to the form under Contact. I say we fill their Inboxes regularly to push them to action! Pffft I thought pre-ordering the Note 7 and having it withdrawn after 2 weeks was the last faux pas from Samsung! and I was actually planning on switching from Note 9 to the upcoming Note 20 this year... which I also mentioned I am now reluctant to do... :smiling-face-with-horns: So, if you are among the dismissed ones by customer service in your country, go for the CEO email approach!