Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 04:08 PM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
AlexG3
Journeyman
Options

I have a HT-J5500 cycling between "No Disc" and "Load".

Samsung have promised to collect the unit and repair for free.

I'm in the UK

FunkyGibbon74
Journeyman
Options

Hi all

So I have just got off live chat with them. My 2nd chat with them and asked for some clarity as reading about so many answers/replies they are giving to consumers. They have basically taken my details and have acknowledge there is a problem. They will do a free repair if it is purely associated with the reboot problem(which it is in my eyes as my unit HT-J5550W, was working fine before hand) if at all it is another problem I may be charged. To which I politely told them I will not be paying anything. So they basically said this

My details and Model Number & Serial Number of said unit

Engineer will contact me within 2/4 days

I will not have to pay anything unless they find something else. Yeah right!!!

Could not explain to me what has caused this or if any units had been fixed as of yet. Said that was above his head but to ask engineer when contacted

Problem has not been published on website or online as there is no workarounds and needs a repair of unit. Odd ???

Since this power cycle matter it is more of an internal fault rather than software. Regardless it is out of warranty samsung have acknowledged this case and would proceed a free repair

I will be instructed more when engineer contacts me

Then I was asked a series of questions basically regarding the COVID Pandemic. Any symptons, have I had it etc etc. Which leads me to beleive. Possibly engineer will be comming to my home

Thats about it really. Have taken screen shots of complete correspondence of live chat. I did ask why so many people are getting mixed replies from them. He couldnt/didnt wish to answer that

Fingers crossed all

Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Further to arranging repair of my unit free of charge by Samsung, I was contacted by Samsung under an hour ago to arrange for courier to pick collect my Bluray HT Player on Monday 29th June.

Samsung have instructed courier (DPD UK) to provide a box for my unit and will have pre printed label already on box.

From my end, things are seeming to come good now and Samsung doing what you would expect any good company to do, shame all the hoops i've had to jump through just to get to this stage not to mention what any are still enduring in order to expedite a repair BUT hopefully you all get there soon.

I'll keep my end of the bargain, all ending well, i'll have my faith renewed in Samsung once I have my repaired unit back BUT still feel a company statement in media/online to raise awareness to the no doubt countless 100's of thousands of customers unaware that their systems were bricked by a rogue update rather than a failed component as I initislly suspected when the fault first presented itself on my system.

0 Likes
Alison40
Journeyman
Options
When I contacted samsung on the web chat today I was advised that they tried the hardware fix on a few machines and it didn't work so they will be doing a software update and contacting people soon. My frustration isn't the wait as I understand they won't commit to a fix as its got to be developed and fully tested before pushing out but it's the lack of consistency in the communications people are getting that's the issue.
AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options
Had been offered same solution in NL. However they want €97 euro shipping charge. Unless I carry in a few hundred kms from my house. Fyi am in Amsterdam. I asked if it would be repaired for sure. They thought that was a good question ....
josefalhanga
Explorer
Options

I am from Portugal. I reported the problem to Samsung Portugal through emails, explaining that the problem had been caused by a firmware update (supposedly) as referenced on several international sites. The answers they gave me did not even pay attention to what I had mentioned. They just said I must take it to the repair centre closest to me at my expenses Well, Samsung brand with different behaviors in several countries. A great brand with a lack of global coordination .... I will no longer buy Samsung equipment.

Dave81
Student
Options

I am in the UK and have managed to speak to someone on the Customer Support Helpline (0333 000 0333)

She said that they were aware of the problem and took my machine's serial number, to ensure that my machine was one of the affected.

I have been given an order number and told to expect a call from an engineer to arrange collection, to take away for a free repair.

It's not the news that I'm sure anyone wants to hear, but unfortunately it is not a simple fix via the internet, and needs to be repaired by a technician.

David

FlappyChicken
Journeyman
Options

My first post is way back on page 13. I am also in the UK and when I contacted live support yesterday they said a fix or an update about a fix will be posted here but seeing others comments I have been in touch again. Today they immediately agreed to arrange for a free repair (with the caveat that if anything else was wrong they would contact me) and I am now waiting to be contacted to arrange a collection.

It seems that at least in the UK they are now owning up to the problem and also doing something about it.

Goteck
Apprentice
Options
Hello,

I just contacted the french customer support by phone
If device in warranty : they change it
If not in warranty : they proceed to a repair in their center (they didn't say if it was free or not)
But they told me that their ingeneers were working on a firmware fix and adviced me to wait for a few days
They don't know about a fix date
Alison40
Journeyman
Options
It seems phoning the support centre is the best result .. I've now got an engineer coming to pick up my device for a free repair
0333 000 0333
0 Likes