Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HT-J4500 home cinema, cycling on and off repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 12:44 AM)
scotchbaz
Navigator
Options

Although I've had it a good few years, never having a problem with it, my home cinema system is throwing a fit. It seemed to start when the blu ray/ dvd drawer wouldn't fully extend. I gently pulled it and inserted the disc and it seemed to work okay. The next day, when I switched it on, it now cycles through "LOAD", "No DISC" repeatedly, even when trying to use "D in", "AUX" or any other setting. I've disconected the drive from the rest of the unit, no difference. I've reset the unit whilst it was in stand by mode, nothing. It's not dirty inside, all very clean looking. Anyone know what's going on... Please help.

I've looked over the net all to no avail. 

1,076 REPLIES 1,076
Gavin79
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20200624-230633_Gmail.jpg

0 Likes
TiagoSanto
Journeyman
Options
Time goes on and on and I think the solution will be buying a new system from other brand and in future stop buying Samsung devices. That’s where the brand is putting me in. As Metallica song, Sad But True.

Have a good night fellas,
Grimdavy
Journeyman
Options

(Seattle)  I have two BD JM 57C players with identical issues and do not work. I am currently in contact with Samsung via SMS support (text HELP to 62913).  As yet, I can't tell whether I've been in contact with clever AI bots or fleshy beings, although I suspect the latter with all the mis-spellings. The same device info and email contact has been requested. We shall see if this bears fruit. Since my spouse must watch Criminal Minds whilst rowing I'll be ASAP stabbing in a Chromecast fob in the workout room...

Cols
Apprentice
Options

South Africa -

Contacted the online chat. Very helpful agent who was aware of the issue.

Have been instructed to take the device to the nearest service centre for assessment. Once I have done this I will update again to let you all know. Hopefully they have good news - and don't try charge me anything!

Elberto9092
Explorer
Options

Same bootloop problem with HT-J5500 here in Italy. Please, solve the problem

Samplay
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I was just on live chat with the French support team:

- they have asked for my email address,

- they said a software update was going to be sent to me next week,

- they said that a software update was enough to fix the problem.

- they didn't say how we'll be able to do it, or how tech-savy you need to be

The device is a Blu-Ray player: BD-J5500E

Quotes from Samsung customer service, in French:

"Samsung: Pourriez-vous me communiquer en retour votre adresse mail ?

Samsung: car notre équipe technique en Corée est en train de réparer ce dysfonctionnement

Samsung: Et une mise à jour corrective vous sera envoyé dans les plus brefs délais.

Samsung: une mise à jour est suffisante pour réparer ce dysfonctionnement

Me: Avez-vous une idée de quand la mise à jour sera prête et envoyée aux clients?

Samsung: La semaine prochaine Monsieur"

I include below screenshots of that live chat conversation.

I really hope it is actual news, and that we'll actually receive a software fix. Even though I don't really understand how I can push any software update in the 3 seconds the device is booted up before rebooting... Hopefully the device will stop rebooting when a USB key with the right thing on it is plugged in, or something... Let's see.

Capture-Samsung.JPG
Dubl1ana
Explorer
Options

Same here, same model HC and I'm in Romania and the issue occurred Thursday evening too. Trouble is that Samsung statement did not reach their customer support here, so they just redirected me to the authorized service who confirmed they got several similar repair requests since Thursday. So, I reckon Samsung rolled on a faulty system update around Wed-Thurs of last week?...

0 Likes
CJM13
Explorer
Options
Gilbertoo Let us all know how the repair turns out.
CJM13
Explorer
Options

Gilbertoo. Let us all know how the repair turns out.

River0745
Student
Options

When we follow the UK link... where do we go?  There isn't any direct or obvious link.  The phone line doesn't work correctly either, so when you "Press 1 for this, press 2 for that", nothing happens.

0 Likes